Reclaiming the Crown

"How have I never seen you around. You don't go to North Beverly do you?" Even though the school is so big I know I would recognize someone like Derrick. And not just from the weird vision flashback things I'd been having.

"No I'm actually home-schooled. I tried the whole high school thing, it wasn't really for me." 

"I definitely feel like that sometimes." I noticed his shirt. There was a quote on it that read: No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else. I had just met him yet I felt like I had known him all my life. Before I could even think about it the words were already leaving my mouth. "You wouldn't want to come to my birthday party would you?"

"You wanna show all your friends the home-schooled kid?" He smiled.

"No." I laughed. "I'm sorry I just saw your shirt and it's a P.T Barnum quote. My theme is actually The Greatest Showman. So I just think it's such a coincidence that I'm running into you." Right after I finished my sentence my phone started to ring. It slipped my mind that I told my friends I was going to the bathroom. They're going to think I got kidnapped on the way to fake pee. "Hold that thought. Can I see your phone?" I asked. I suddenly had a burst of confidence from out of nowhere. 

"Sure." He laughed a little confused.

"Don't worry I'm not going to run off with it." I entered my number into his phone and then took a picture of myself and saved it to his contacts. "There." I finished. "If you decide you want to attend my amazing party of the year you can text me." I laughed nervously. "But I have to go meet up with my friends now. See you later...maybe." I added at the end as I started to walk away before I could give him a chance to reject me.

He waved as I walked away and looked down at his phone and smiled. That was a good sign right? He was probably in shock that some random stranger put her number in his phone. What was I thinking? 

"Sriyah!" It was Arionna, walking toward me with an excited look on her face. Glad she's not pissed I left her and Brianna alone. Now that I think about it, I don't even remember how long I was gone. "Look at what I found!" She pulled out his and hers mugs. 

"Um Ari? You do realize you have to be in a relationship in order for gifts like that not to seem...er creepy." I said trying to knock some sense in to her.

"She's not going to give them to him just yet, she's going to invite him over and pop the question." Brianna chimed.

"What!" I said probably a little too loudly. 

"Not that question Cherie." Arionna laughed.

"She's going to ask him to go steady." Brianna nodded.

"I'm so proud of you Ari, and Bri what are you 80?" I laughed. Arionna had gotten a lot of confidence, kind of like me lately. Her and Anthony hung out a lot more than me and Damien, so I was surprised those two still weren't officially a couple. That gave me an idea.

I knew Arionna all to well, and as excited as she was about asking Anthony out herself, nothing would make her happier than having him ask her first. I pulled out my phone and sent Anthony a text telling him to meet me at my place in about 3 hours. I'd almost forgotten that I needed to talk to Arionna about Damien first.

...

"I'm gonna say no Sri he's definitely not a stalker. You hang out with me all the time. We're practically glued at the hip. And we always go to the mall on Saturday."

"We do not go to the mall every Saturday." I said a little ashamed that I shopped so much, but I really only went to the same couple of shops. I wasn't a shopaholic. 

"The fact that we know the sale associates by name-"

"Okay, you're right." I laughed a little embarrassed. How could I actually believe Damien was a stalker.

"I've also been thinking about your power. If we practice it at least once a day...You'll definitely be able to master it."

"You really think so?" I was nervous and a little scared.

"Yeah, just like when we were kids. We can start off small by playing hide and seek in your house."

"And if we practice every day-" I said hesitantly.

"You'll definitely be able to control it."

"You really-"

"Starting now!" She jumped up.

"Now?" I groaned. I hadn't willing transported since I ended up in Paris when I was little.

"Yes." She said as she pulled me off of my bed. "We'll only race to one place at a time...today. Just do what you always do. Think about a place and then try to go there."

"I guess."

"Okay how about you race me to your front door?" If I win you have to go on a smoothie run before you pick me up for school for two weeks-"

"Okay." I laughed. "And what about if I win."

"I'll let you buy you me a smoothie for two weeks." She laughed

"What! That's so not-"

"Starting now." She took off before I even had a chance to think.

"Hey no fair!" I shouted after her. Okay, I could do this. Just breathe Sri. 1...2...3 Now picture the front door. Large chestnut doors. Intricate carving around the exterior. Tingly butterfly feeling. 

"Took you long enough." 

"You totally cheated, you had a head start."

"But you didn't have to take the stairs."

"Oh whatever." I laughed.

"Sunrise smoothie and don't forget the straw." She sung while opening the front door.

"Yeah, yeah a deal's a deal." For once I didn't care that I lost. I shut the door behind Arionna and did a little dance. I can willingly transport and I'm old enough to control it! And lucky me I have a bestfriend who doesn't think I'm a freak. "Oh the places I'll go." I announced in my best Dr. Seuss impression.