Dead Friend

(Jeremy's POV)

~Night of Jeremy's death~

"Alright!" (Y/N) said, walking to her car. She turned to me. "So, it's simple. Wind up the music box, check cameras, and the vents. If any of them come near you, put on the mask." I looked her in the eye.

I shivered. "Okay..."

She laughed. "Don't worry. I told Marionette who you are and he said he'd make sure your safe. You don't actually have to do that. But if they start, I don't know, possibly acting weird, maybe do that, for your safety. Okay?"

I nodded and took a step forward to hug her. "See ya."

She smiled and pulled away. "Yep! Thanks again."

I waved as she got in her car, then turned and walked into the building. It was dark, and there was a cold draft that made me shiver. I looked around as I walked. Even for it just opening, there were drawings from little kids covering the hallway walls. Some were of the new animatronics, and some were of cake, or pizza, or even the originals. I walked to the 'office'.

There was a desk right across from me that had a fan and a laptop on it, along with a creepily resembling mask of Freddy. I shivered and sat down in the black swivel chair. To both my sides were vents, each one with a button above it for the lights. Pulling out the drawer in the center of the desk, there was a flashlight.

"This shouldn't be too hard..." I whispered, remembering what (Y/N) had told me earlier.

A bell rang, and the clock turned to 12. I looked down the hallway and jumped as a phone that I hadn't noticed before started to ring. I bent over the desk and picked it up.

"H-hello?" I asked, expecting a person asking for a party reservation or something. There were a few moments until someone answered. I realized it was a recorded message.

 "Hello hello! See? I told you, you wouldn't have any problems!
Did...uh... Did Foxy ever appear in the hallway? Probably not. I was just curious. Like I said, he was always my favorite. They tried to remake Foxy, ya know? Uh, they thought the first one was too scary, so they redesigned him to be more kid-friendly and put him in Kid's Cove. To keep the toddlers entertained, you know... But kids these days just can't keep their hands to themselves. The staff literally has to put Foxy back together after every shift. So eventually they stopped trying and left him as some take apart attraction. Now he's just a mess of parts. I think the employees refer to him as just The Mangle. Uh...
Oh, hey, before I go, uh, I wanted to ease your mind about any rumors you might have heard lately. You know these local stories come and go and seldom mean anything.  I can personally assure you that, whatever is going on out there, and however tragic it may be, has nothing to do with our establishment. It's just all rumor and speculation... People trying to make a buck. You know... Uh, our guard during the day has reported nothing unusual. And he's on watch from opening till closing.
Okay, well anyway, hang in there and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I stared at the phone in my hand.

"How the hell does (Y/N) work here every night?!" I screamed, throwing the phone down the hallway. Oh, yea...her boyfriend was one of them... "And Mangle is a girl!"

I sighed and picked up the tablet. "(Y/N) said Marionette was going to help me out...which means I'm not in any danger...right" I muttered, shaking my head.

Looking at the show stage, I stared at the animatronics, creeped out. They didn't look as good as the originals, in my opinion. I mean, they were clean and new...but the style? No, not as good. I decided. I looked back at the camera, then almost screamed. Chica? Well, the new Chica...Why was she gone?! I frantically pressed the cameras, looking for her, then found her in the vent.