Chapter 9

Jennie's P.O.V

Eyes looking at nothing in particular, I told Irene everything about those dreadful moments.

Her eyes were wide the whole time, mouth parted in shock. She really liked Jungkook for me, it must be hard for her to believe this too.

"Should I talk to him?" She breaks the silence, I wipe my tears and shake my head.

"Don't, he'll think you're my friend that's why you're taking my side." She nods in understanding, still in a trance.

"Why don't you ask Taehyung to convince him that it wasn't your fault, then maybe Jungkook will believe you." She suggests.

Do I need others to make him believe me, why doesn't he trust me himself?

"I don't know, I don't want to face him but for Jungkook, I'll try." She slightly smiles and grabs my hand then gives it a squeeze.

We talked for a bit, more like she comforted me and I was grateful for her. She leaves my apartment and I was alone in my apartment.

During our relationship, even if he didn't live with me, I didn't feel lonely. I was so happy that there was someone who cares for me, who loves me, who makes me feel worth myself but now he is also the one who took everything away from me, leaving me empty.

I was scrolling through my phone when I come across our picture. He took the picture, smiling widely while I was kissing his cheek.

My heart broke and I choke back a sob. I caress my thumb on his scar that he was always insecure about but for me, it only just added to his beauty.

Without realizing, a tear leaves my eye and lands on my phone, exactly at his scar.

While scrolling through our pics, I came across his picture, I took it secretly when he was sleeping.

And that's where everything inside me comes crashing down, tears start to fall freely against my cheeks

And that's where everything inside me comes crashing down, tears start to fall freely against my cheeks. I hug the picture against my chest and curl into a ball.