The Conversation

10.00 pm
City Hospital, Mumbai

A rainy day in Mumbai was nothing new but that day, it had led to an absolute mayhem in the city hospital. The roads were jammed because of the pouring, yet patients were flowing in and out of the hospital. Dr. Kabir Singh was signing off a patient when his pager went off. He quickly made his way into the clinic and found it empty, other than a guy sitting on the last bed. He turned around to leave the room, when the guy called out for him.

"Excuse me Doctor, I don't have much time, can you take a quick look at me?" He asked.

"Please doctor, I really need to go." Kabir huffed and made his way towards him. The guy had a huge cut on his hand, with blood dripping out of it. Kabir quickly took a gauze and some bandage and started sewing his wound up.

"How did this happen?" Kabir asked, performing sutures on his hand.

"I fought with my girlfriend and then broke a glass in rage." He said, laughing.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Rahul asked, raising one of his eyebrow. Kabir said nothing, just shook his head. The history of heartbreak tucked in the creases of his eyes was very evident.

"Oh come on Doc, you must've a woman in your life." He said. Kabir slammed the bandage on the table in anger, and glared at the guy.

"It is none of your business. Leave it alone." Kabir said.

"Fine, I'm sorry. But, if you really love her, then don't stop fighting for her. Vo galti mat karna jo maine kari Kabir, agar iss janam mein nahi mili vo, to agle saato janam pachtaoge." He said, patting Kabir's shoulder and slowly made his way out of the clinic.

Kabir was left confused as to how he knew his name. He turned around and called for him,

"Kahan jaa rahe ho?"

The guy smiled and said,

"Chand ko chhune ka waqt aagya hai, mere dost."

After treating that unknown guy, Kabir made his way to the hospital reception

After treating that unknown guy, Kabir made his way to the hospital reception. He turned the TV to a news channel and saw that the unknown guy's face was plastered all over it. The guy was a singer named Rahul Jaykar but what shocked him the most, was what the news reader said,

"Famous singer Rahul Jaykar, committed suicide this evening around 6.30 p.m. May his soul rest in peace."

It had been a week since Rahul's death, yet his words were still ringing in Kabir's ears like a bell

It had been a week since Rahul's death, yet his words were still ringing in Kabir's ears like a bell. Not being able to take it anymore he made his way towards Preeti's house. He quietly made his way into her room, and saw her sitting on a chair in her bridal attire. Preeti turned around on seeing the love of her life and jumped off her seat.

"Kabir..." She whispered not believing her eyes and hugged him, while he looked up and said, "Thankyou Rahul."