2

The bell rang signaling the start of class. A few people are still filling in and making their way to their seats. The teacher, Mrs. Packer, comes in late as well, nothing unusual there. The announcements start while people are still making their way to their seats.

"Good Morning Davenport High this is your morning announcements. Theater news! Come one come all and try out for this year's musical Annie..." blah blah blah. Yeah no, I don't listen to most of the announcements because it's not like I'll be doing anything else. I'm fine with just doing track for my senior year. I did yearbook, the musical, and track last year and I want to take this break to apply to colleges.

That's beside the point, I zone out. I'm pulled out of it when I hear Mrs. Packer say ", Late again Sawyer? This is the 3rd time this week. What's the excuse today?"

"Traffic?" Sawyer replies in a voice that gives away that he's pulling that out his butt. It's slightly higher pitch than his normal raspy voice and it's laced with the lie of traffic making him late.

"Really? Are you sure about that?" Mrs. Packer questions pretending she cares but you can see it on her face that she does not.

"Y..." he starts but clears his throat so he's talking in his normal voice again. The raspy voice I've grown to like, not love cause I love no one other than my family and friends. "Yeah, that's what happened I swear."

"Just sit down already," Mrs. Packer announced to him. He goes to take his seat and I take in his appearance today. His sky blue eyes looking bright in the artificial light of our school's ceiling lights. His blond hair looking silky, as usual, it going down to his ears. He runs his fingers through his hair and the way his hair falls back into place mesmerizes me. His shirt tight enough that I can see his toned body but it still fitting loose. I hear a cough coming from the left of me and I turn to face my friend Alison.

"I don't think your boyfriend would like you drooling over his friend," Alison teases.

"One, August is not my boyfriend we are just friends..." she interrupts me.

"We're just friends," she mocks me in a horrible impression of me.

"Two, I don't sound like that. Three, I wasn't drooling."

"You were totally drooling just like every other girl in this class."

"Nobody else was drooling either," I defend myself and the other girls in the class. Alison rolls her eyes and turns my head so I'd looked at our classmates' expressions. I even saw some dude in the first row practically drooling over him.

"Fine they might be drooling but I'm not," I continue to defend myself.

She leans in real close to my ear and murmurs "you were drooling."

"No, I wasn't Alison! You were drooling."

"Look I won't tell your boyfriend, it's okay this secret is going to stay between us."

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Sure he isn't."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." I'm about to question her but before I can get a word out she starts talking again. "Wait did I tell you what happened?"

"No, what happened?" I questioned. "Wait who does it involve."

"Ryan..." Ryan= Katlyn's, one of my friends, cheating boyfriend. They are in a horrible on/ off relationship because every time Ryan cheats on her she just takes him back. Well, she usually gets some type of revenge first then she takes him back.