A brand new Start

"This is a good start for you two! Finally meeting your mother after forever!" Jacks's dad said stroking his beard, "And I won't be the only girl!" Jack's twin sister Jill cheered, "You were technically never the only girl," Jack grumbled and then turned to his farther "Do you have to leave? This place is weird and we haven't seen mum in so long-" Jack protested, but his dad interrupted by squishing the twins into a hug, "I'll miss you two too," he said letting them go, "Ha two to too, to many twos, but wait which one!?" Jill laughed, "She's hestericle!" Jack mussed and then started tickling Jill, the two roled into laughters, but abruptly stopped. A lady in a long purple dress with stockings and flat shoes stepped into the room, her periwinkle tenticle hair in a bun with long pointy ears that had pink white dimond hart earrings."Hello," she said her voice smooth and calm, she went and rubbed Jacks purple tenticle hair and Jills periwinkle tenticle ponytail, and the sitting on one of the two huge canopy beds next to her husband, "Yeesh, how did a Lumberjack and a fancy squid get together?" Jack question, "Jack! Don't talk about you parents like that!" Jill sreiked shoving him playfully. The twins waited until their mother and father finished talking, their father hugged them one last time, and while the twins mother smiled and talked to them, Jacks father left something hidden in a secret compartment of the twins bed, having to be stelthy, going to each bed, apparently Jack was the only one who noticed this, but he didn't see where. They bid their father farewell, onto his expedition.

"The cooks have prepared breakfast, follow me" their mother Anistaisha smiled becoming them out the door, Jill and Jack looked at each other and followed. In the white mansion, Jills clothes stood out like a disco ball, her one silver earring, her black crop top and a fluro green top under, with fluro pink bagy long pants and slip on shoes, that all complement her light grey skin, while Jack had just a night sky blue woollen jumper and dark green shorts, and sneakers, his skin being a tad darker than Jills, either way they both stood out on the white walls of the mansion, their mother being compliment colours to the walls like a painting. They walked down a corridor passing an unused tower, and going down one of many grand staircases, passing cleaners and advisers, and some of their mothers visiting friends, all of which Jill gladly smiled at waving and making two second conversations, while Jack avoided eye contact and just stared at the ground, occasionally looking up and then realising people looking at him, to then looking back at floor, listening to Jills short conversations about, "What would you do with a house like this?", the reply always being nervous laughters from their mothers friends especially from the workers there and replies of, "Oh I don't really know".

When they went down to eat they sat at a longish table, Jack and Jill sat at opposite sides of the table on velevet red chairs and their mother in a taller chair, and were severed warm pancakes dripping with stirrup on a silver plate, Jack traced over the floral carvings in the plates edge, while Jill made binoculars with her hands covering the big black rings around her eyes, trying to finde 'The perfect bite'. Jacked decide to "try"start a conversation to break the silence. Um...Mother, I could never really come to a conclusion, but why did you and Father stop talking for a long time?" Jack asked cutting his first slice of pancake, "That's a nice way to put it... It's complicated," their mother said in a chill voice, "Best not to think about it," she finished in an anonymous voice, clearly trying to hide something. They sat in silence cutlery clanking on plates, until Jill looked across to Jack, she spilled a bit of water on the table and wrote out, TRY NOT TO MAKE YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION ON EVERY ONE "THE NOSEY KID", Jack rolled his eyes at the irony in this, but didn't say anything, and watched Jill clean up the water on the table until he spaced out, listening to clanking of cutlery and chefs cooking and spreading rumours to their friends in the kichen, wondering why their mother didn't do anything about it.What's in the old tower we passed? And what was father doing befor he left? I should check my bed to see what he did, and what he left, maybe it'll help get closer to mother, Jack decided eating the last of his pancakes-"I WIN" Jill yelled victorious, "Jill what the-" Jack choked on his pancake, and then swolloed it and relised, Jill had been in an arm wrestle with one of the waiters while their mother was checking on the staff in the kitchen. "Oh boy, this is going to be a long day" Jack sighed, rembering the last time Jill was this hyper.

 "Oh boy, this is going to be a long day" Jack sighed, rembering the last time Jill was this hyper