Don't tell Mum

Jack walked twenty steps above Jill to ignore her sinning and weird made up songs, but it didn't matter because she would just catch up to him, "So, what did you do today?" Jack's mother asked, finally caching up to him, Jacks skin crawled, and he panicked to come up with an excuse, "Experiments in the bathroom," he said quickly, and then instantly regretted it, his mother looked at him funny, "I'm sorry I can't always be with you kids, but there's a dire situation that I need to handle most of the time," Anistaisha explained, "What is it?" Jack asked, "Well somethings being used, something that hasn't been used for a very long time, it was first happening in town but now, we can't trace were it is," she said, but quickly stopped the conversation, they walked until they reached Jack and Jills bedroom, "Good night," Anistaisha said, and walked out the door, leaving Jack in a slightly eliminated room with his annoying sister. "Hey Jill don't you, think its weird that mother wanted us to stay at her house and get back with father, but she never spends time with us?" Jack said, "Nah, we just have to get use to the whole thing," Jill said, "And she does too," Jill added, "I guess," Jack sighed, "Ha ha, yeah, you always have to guess about something, like if Rhys will talk to you after what happened this afternoon," Jill laughed, "Jill seriously?" Jack whined, "Ha ha, sorry, I'm just glad we found you," Jill said, "Good night," Jack said turning off the lantern on his bed stand, "Good night," Jill yawned.

"Well see you soon," Anistaisha smiled at her Jack's father. What's father doing here? Jack thought, he once again saw his father place something in a secret compartment of his bed, when his father left he checked the spot he thought his father had put something in, he opened it and... Jack opened his eyes. Not a nightmare, few, he thought in relief, he looked down at the side of his bed were he had looked in his dream, and traced his fingers over the wood until he felt a outline of a square, he looked at Jill and she was fast asleep, so he slid out of bed and took a closer look at it, "I can barely see," he mumbled, Jack quietly took the lantern off the night stand and flicked the swich, it made a loud click noise, and then he put the light up to the wood, "There is something here," Jack gasped, he tapped the wood and it opened, and something fell out. It had a handle that was made of gold and had candy twirling through it and a hart on top mad of rock candy, smooth and polished with a stick and a golden star on top, Jack picked it up and it flashed a bright light, Jack open his eyes and looked down at the wand, it now had a blue black crystal star and on top of the first point was a sphere made of sapphire, under the star was another sapphire sphere connected to a handle with red and white stripes and a sapphire sphere at the bottom, Jack looked over at Jill and she was still sleeping, he dashed to the door and up ten more stairs to get to the tower.

Jack quickly opened the door, and a breeze of hot air hit him, "What the!?" Jack coughed swatting away smoke, when all the smoke had faded away he saw Rhys patting down the last bit of fire with his boots and Moist being totally useless in this situation, Rhys looked over at Jack, "A little fire," Rhys explained, and Moist shoved him as to say , "That's the biggest understatement ever," Jack frowned at Rhys, "I thought you said you didn't like to set things on fire," Jack said, "No response," Rhys said, Jack looked down at the wand in his hands, "Ok so my father hid something in my bed? And I had a dream about it, so I woke up to see what it was, and I found this!" Jack said holding up the wand, "I thought you didn't believe in magic," Rhys said crossing his arms, "Ok yes I didn't believe in magic before, but that doesn't mean it's not real, I mean there a very real possibility that this isn't magic too," Jack said and then remembered something, "Oh! Ok wait here I'll come back," Jack said opening the door, "It's not like I can come out anyways," Rhys mumbled.

Jack returned back with a big book in his had, "What's that?" Rhys said pointing to the book, " It'll test if this is magic or not," Jack said waving the wand around, "You seem really calm, for someone that just found out there dad gave them a wand," Rhys said while Jack flipped the front cover of the book, it had a hart in the middle surrounded by a compass, with half a map on each side of the book, "Well I'm not entirely sure why my farther would leave me this but I'm concocting theories," Jack said, "Yeah but most kids would go crazy and wake up the whole house if the found out it was a wand, or they thought it was," Rhys said, "Hey I feel you, but I'm not going to tell Jill about this, and my mother, don't get me wrong I would love to tell her, but strange stuff is happening with the council, and I don't want her to freak out if I have some nuclear weapon," Jack explained, "Heh, wands aren't 'nuclear'," Rhys laughed, "Could you make yourself useful and help me?" Jack asked irritated, Rhys frowned, "With what?" he groaned, "Do you want me to blow up the whole house?" Jack asked, "Fiiine," Rhys said and walked over, and sat next to Jack on the stone floor, "How do you know so much about wands and magic anyway?" Jack asked still flipping through the book, "I know a lot about a lot of stuff," Rhys replied, "Oh yeah, also how did you turn the door into ink by the way? It flashed colours then melted," Rhys asked, "I did what you told me, emotion?" Jack said, and continued to flip through the book, "Why don't you just make up your own spell?" Rhys suggested, "It'll be easier," Jack flipped to a random page and stopped, "I can try, but I don't know how, we were looking for a spell to test out the wand,remember?" Jack said, "Fine, just pick one," Rhys said, "Ok, this one!" Jack said looking at a page with pictures of trees, Rhys pushed him over to read the spell, "I'm not sure you want to do this one," Rhys warned, "It'll be fine," Jack said, he looked down at the book and said the spell, "I summon forth forest trees to follow my lead if you please, don't cut them down or it will end, now the trees can seek their revenge," Jack said the spell, and then looked around, "I guess I was right magic isn't real," Jack looking down at the wand.