chapter one.

It was like being a traveler from one place to another, I had no place that was called home. I was born in England, grew up in New Zealand , when I was about 13 I moved away to Australia, lived there only for two weeks then yet again went to england. it was like being a suitcase moved around from one place to the earth to another and to add a bit of detail I didn't like one bit of it.

And here we go again, this time to America. A place names Spring Grove Tessle. Dad said this was finale. He said it was a friendly, quite village with lots of hills, libraries and corner shops. I'm what you call a geek. I don't wear glasses or braces and mini skirts with tights, I'm not that type of girl. I'm different, I spend hours reading and writing, I loved it. I was picked on in most schools. Spring Grove Tessle was my only hope. I wanted to please my dad.

I packed my suitcase with everything I could. Dad loaded a lot of things into his car. I grabbed my backpack and held on to my teddy. It was a windy, cold morning and I wanted to go to sleep. "Are you ready, Annabel" dad called from outside. He turned to look at me. "Yes, dad I am" I whispered softly. I turned to my house and smiled. "Goodbye" I muttered before I raced to the car. When dad pulled the engine, I stared at the sign that said house for sale. Then the car began to move and I started to smile. New house, new person, new life, new beginning I thought to myself.

I opened my book and read quietly to myself. Father sang a tune that mother sang to me as a little child. I unzipped my backpack, rummaging inside. I closed my book folding the top of the page and slipped it inside. I grabbed a a can of apple juice and opened it. "Dad is there a school in that village" I asked. "Don't be daft, of course there's a primary, a secondary and a college" he replied cheerfully. I smiled at him. "What is the college called" I asked dad. He turned the stirring wheel. "Well, Spring Grove Tessle community college and then spring grove Tessle secondary education and then Spring Grove Tessle primary school" he answered rolling his eyes. He opened his mouth then said nothing. Then he did it again. "Annabell, my little girl you grow up so fast, look at you already in college" he signed. "I wish only if your mother could see you". "She can, dad but it doesn't really matter it better the two of us" I merrily said. He nodded agreeing. "I'm happy you think like that" he added.

"Look" dad pointed beside my window. I turned around and then pulled my window down. There was a sign saying spring grove Tessle. I grinned showing my white teeth. "Yes, were here" I laughed. Dads car slowed down but carried on. Once he had stopped, I stepped outside. "Oh, its amazing dad" I cried. The sun was glistening and I slipped my jacket off.

While dad unloaded everything, I wondered around. "Annabell, come here" I heard dad say. I ran to dad and hugged him. "I know I'm going to love it here" I giggled. My dad beamed and he hugged me back. "I love you, dear" dad muttered.