Chapter 44. - Everything

A/N: In case the video gets removed, please listen to 'Beyond' by Leon Bridges while reading this chapter.

This one is dedicated to HazButterfly92 ! I'm 24, and still a Harry girl! ;) Thank you for the love and the enthusiastic comment, it made my day!

***

*London*

"Are you feeling better?" Lukas' deep voice sounded like velvet over the phone, and I clutched my cell closer to my ear, nuzzling into the sound.

"Somewhat," I whispered, not having it in me to lie.

"What are you doing right now?"

The girls have left hours ago before the sun went down. They did their best to distract me from the fact that by this time tomorrow, nothing would ever be the same. Because tomorrow night, Hazmat kicked off their new tour, here in Los Angeles. They would proceed to be on the road for three more months, and alas, that would be the end of Lukas LaBelle and I.

"Just laying," I admitted, probably sounding lame in the ear of a rockstar.

"Come downstairs, then."

My heart skipped a beat and I sat up, feeling that familiar excitement that always overtook me whenever I knew I would get to see him. "I'll be there in a second!" I promised, running into my bathroom. I did my best to freshen up and get some color back in my cheeks, before making my way downstairs.

But to my surprise, I found the house empty. My parents went out somewhere - most likely on a date - and I had the whole place left to myself, so I began my search for the man of my own dreams.

I went from room to room, checking the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, even my mother's office - but everything came up empty. Finally, when I was just about to give up, I noticed the unusually bright backyard.

"Oh my!" I gasped, walking out to what I would describe as wonderland. Fairy lights and flameless candles decorated the entire green area, illuminating the yard where I grew up. But unlike the millions of times I've been here before, now there was a small table set in the middle, with a chair on either side and a thick blanket next to it.

And perhaps the most beautiful sight of it all, Lukas LaBelle standing next to it, holding a bottle of champagne. His golden features transformed into a small smile as I walked out and joined him. "I think I forgot the glasses." He said as a greeting, hooking an arm around my waist to pull me into a kiss. "Do you think your parents would mind?"

I shook my head, beaming up at him. My hands ran up on his arms, feeling every muscle, outlining every ink, every vein he had protruding. I memorized the feel of his soft skin, stretched over hard muscle, and his fine, blonde hairs covering the length of his forearms. "I didn't expect you," I admitted, leaning in to inhale him. "But I'm glad you are here."

"Good thing! I don't think my ego could take another blow."

My brows crinkled as I glanced up at him in confusion.

"You keep running out on me, Kigali!" He sighed. "I've never had to chase a girl in my life. And here you are... giving me a run for my money."

I swallowed, now knowing just how true that statement is. "I don't mean to put you in a weird spot." I whispered.

Lukas' bubblegum lips quirked up into a small, but cocky smile. "What kind of man would I be if I couldn't rise up to the challenge?" He teased. "Let's pop this champaign open, shall we? Want me to get the glasses?"

I shook my head, grinning. "We can drink it from the bottle."

Lukas laughed out loud. "Just like back in my high school days!" He pulled back, motioning toward one of the chairs. I sat, and he pushed me in.