6. Awake

Harley's POV

So, we're on the roof right now and I'm listening to this mildly attractive soldier repeat the same instructions to the helicopter hovering near us, not landing. I snigger as he still doesn't get a reply, I think I know why. Deadshot shoots me a side glance and I smirk. I look over at Flag and see his expression change as he realises what has happened,

"Our bird's been jacked! Light it up!" he yells, they start shooting at the helicopter.

Only seconds later, rapid machine gun fire can be heard as bullets fly around us all. My face lights up as I hear the infamous laugh. I peek around the box I'm hiding behind to see his face. My phone chimes showing a message from him reading 'NOW!' I panic, knowing he won't be happy that we couldn't save Celia.

I shoot Deadshot an apologetic look I'll miss him he's been a good friend. I quickly glance over to Diablo to see Celia still out cold. I slip away and run towards the helicopter, as soon as I see my puddin smiling at me I feel my sadness and worry fade away. I jump onto the rope dangling off the side, and take my time climbing up.

"Puddin!" I squeal as he helps me up, I instantly pull him into me as we kiss passionately. I've missed him so much. 

"Ya got all dressed up for me?" I ask, noticing his suit and slicked back hair. 

"Oh you know I'd do anything for you" he replies, making me smile, "But first, where's Celia?" he asks, eyebrows furrowed as he watches my expression drop.

"She's unconscious, I think she's gonna be ok. They were about to take her to a doctor. I'm sorry, I couldn't save her"

His face falls but before he could reply, we were interrupted.

"Boss we have a problem!" A guy at the front of the helicopter yells back at us. 

From that moment everything happened so fast. The helicopter was shaking violently and I get thrown off the platform at the back, I land without hurting myself too badly. But I'm forced to watch the love of my life crash with the helicopter into a building and it burst into flames. I lean against the ledge sobbing, heartbroken. 

3rd person POV

"Target destroyed ma'am" 

Deadshot looks down sadly as he hears this, knowing Harley and Joker were dead. He hears another helicopter land on the roof, Amanda Waller boards it yelling something about another one coming for them soon. Looking up at her, he clenched his jaw angrily to stop himself from harming the woman.

 A medic had come earlier telling them that Celia's body was rapidly healing and she should wake up as soon as her body has enough energy.

The rest of the group together reluctantly follow Flag down the street in the pouring rain, Deadshot carrying Celia.

"Floyd" she murmurs, causing everyone to freeze and look at the small girl in his arms. Deadshot's heart felt like it skipped a beat from hearing her say his name, but after checking her they found that there were no signs she was awake yet.   

There Harley was sitting on top of a car.

"Hey guys I'm back! I missed you all so much" she says with fake enthusiasm. 

"We're glad you could make it" Deadshot replies. 

It was noticeable how the mood is continuously decreasing the longer Celia wasn't here, and how even a sign of her waking caused a moment of hope and happiness for most of them. And how much more sad and pointless the mission felt without her pranks, commentary, stories.