7:00

after the sun finally finishes rising, the two make their way to a cafe that has only just opened up and they order breakfast for two. the waitress asks if they want any coffee. he says no thank you. she says that, too.

"we're going to have to go to sleep soon," he reminds her, which is a thought that although she wanted a few hours beforehand is not something she wants now. she wants to stay awake and listen to the sound of his voice forever. she wants to hear about that time he broke his arm in grade two falling off the monkey bars and how in his freshman year at high school he got rejected by a girl that was way out of his league but he ended up going out with a cooler girl anyway. she wants to know all his stories, his secrets that he's afraid to tell anyone else. she can imagine herself two years from now with his hand in hers and even though that thought scares her the tiniest bit seeing as she hardly even knows this boy, it excites her at exactly the same time.

"i don't want to say goodbye," she mutters, and doesn't add the, "i want to stay with you forever." his eyes are so intriguing, his mouth so desirable, his laugh such a beautiful sound that she'll never get tired of. her eyes are drooping and her yawns are constant but she'd rather be tired than have to leave his side.

"who said we had to say goodbye?"