Chapter One

I don't own Hamilton

"What is she wearing?"

That was the first thing Y/N heard when she regained consciousness. She kept her eyes closed for a moment, before realizing that it wouldn't do her any good. So she opened them and found two girls, around her own age, looking down at her.

"Look! She's awake," one of the girls said. The girls- no, woman's, hair was nearly pinned up. Her almond brown eyes seemed filled with curiosity. She wore a pink dress, but the dress was like one of those really old ones. Y/N didn't remember what they were called, or at what time they wore them. She wasn't a history expert, that was Philippa.

"Of course she is!" The other woman said. "No one sleeps with their eyes open!"

The second woman had her hair pinned up like the other, and her hair was the same color: blonde. Except the second woman's hair was a shade or so darker. She, too, had almond brown eyes, but her dress was gray. Not a boring gray, a beautiful gray.

Y/N immediately sat up and stared at the two women beside her. "Um, who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Temperance Livingston, and she's Patience Livingston," the first woman, Temperance, explained. "Who are you?"

"Y/N L/N," Y/N replied hesitantly.

"I must ask, what on earth are you wearing?" Patience asked.

"Normal clothes?" Y/N answered, but it came out as more of a question.

"Normal clothes!" Temperance laughed. "Those clothes are far from normal!"

"What?" Y/N asked.

"Why don't you come inside?" Patience asked.

"Uh, cause I don't know you?" Y/N replied.

"Yes, but you can't go around it that!" Patience replied.

"What is wrong with my clothes?" Y/N asked.

"They're not proper, they're scandalous," Temperance said and shuddered. "Come on now!"

Y/N hesitantly followed the two women, into a house which also looked extremely old fashioned. This has to be a dream, right?

Temperance and Patience ran up the stairs, their heels sending a clicking sound echoing through he hall. Y/N hesitantly followed the girls up the stairs and then into a room.

The door creaked as Patience closed it. Temperance sat down on the one bed in the room.

"I know a tailor, we could head down to his shop," Temperance said, suddenly. "You need clothes."

Y/N got the hang of it. Her clothes were weird and scandalous so she nodded.

"But until then you can borrow a dress of mine," Temperance suggested.

"Thank you," Y/N said and she followed Temperance to a closet. Temperance opened the closet and pulled out a dress.

"Is this one good?" Temperance asked.

Y/N nodded, the F/C dress was gorgeous, but she wasn't a big fan of dresses. But she wasn't a big fan of... whatever they'd do to her if she walked around in her current clothes.

"Thank you," Y/N said again. "Can I just ask a question?"

"Of course," Patience said.

"What year is it?" Y/N asked. She was sure that it wasn't 2019, cause, well, the world wasn't like this. The people weren't so polite and well mannered (to be honest, she shouldn't say anything about that. She'd only met Patience and Temperance, the other might be different.) In 2019, you sure didn't dress like that. And well, almost everything seemed different.

"It's 1776, silly!" Patience explained. "What year did you think it is?"

1776... that was 243 years ago! What? Y/N drew a sharp breath and Temperance cast her a worried glance. "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing," Y/N answered.

"Okay," Temperance said.

"You have to undress," Patience said. "You can't wear a dress over that."

"Right," Y/N said and blushed in embarrassment before undressing, which was truly awkward.

"You don't have a corset?" Temperance asked.

"No," Y/N said, she didn't bother to add some lie. She was too bad at lying, they wouldn't believe her.

Temperance nodded and grabbed a corset from the closet as well. Temperance put the thing (more like torture device) around Y/N waist and began to tighten the strings.

Y/N gasped in shock as it tightened around her waist, making it harder and harder to breathe. "That's good, you can stop now!"

Temperance continued to tighten the corset, despite Y/N protests. There were laws of fashion, and Temperance wanted to make sure that Y/N followed them.

"There!" Temperance exclaimed as she tied the strings that held the corset together.

"I can't breathe!" Y/N gasped.

"You're not used to them, are you?" Patience asked.

"No, I'm not," Y/N answered.

"You'll get used to it," Temperance said and put on the rest of the dress.

-

"You look gorgeous," Patience said from where she sat on the bed.

"I don't feel gorgeous," Y/N mumbled. She already missed pants, especially sweatpants.

"Come on, let's go," Temperance said and grabbed Y/N wrist, pulling her out of the room.

"Whe- oh, right. To the tailor," Y/N said. "What's his name?"

"Mr. Mulligan," Patience said and they walked down the stairs.