Chapter 29

Harry's POV

I'll admit it, I was upset when she didn't say those three words back to me. I was furious at myself for jumping the gun in the first place. I knew it was too soon but I just figured she felt the same way. Unfortunately for me-- for us, she didn't.

In my prime of being upset I made a lot of stupid mistakes. The worst mistake being leaving Cassie's flat without a word. I actually packed up all my things and hopped in a cab to Niall's place. That's actually where I've been staying the last few days.

"Harry," Niall says, "You're going to have to talk to her soon. I'm not staying in the states much longer. You either need to make up with her or go back home."

Home? I haven't been home in weeks, or months rather. I really loose track of time when I'm with her. I don't even know how I got so hooked...

"Mate," Niall says again.

"Sorry. I'll be out of your hair before then."

"Meaning what exactly?"

"Meaning that I will be on my way back home... Maybe."

"You're going home? Really? Do you even care what decision Simon made?" Niall asks.

Simon's decision will factor into my decision but probably not by much. I know how this game works with him and management. I'm not allowed to be "dating" anyone who doesn't fit the Hollywood girlfriend criteria. Cassie and I will be know as "good friends" just like with all my other love interests and that'll be that. No one outside the inner circle will know the truth, wiping away all possibilities of a conflict or media crisis that would require a PR stunt or two to fix. I don't want that but it's probably what's going to happen.

"I don't need to care because I already know what's going to happen. Cassie and I will be nothing but friends in the eyes of the public. Everything else between us will be over."

"You do realize just because Simon decides one thing, you don't actually have to do that thing. You and Cass can still be together even if the world thinks you're friends," Niall says not forgetting to apply emphasis to the second half of his statement.

"I don't want to be her friend though, Niall."

"Then you need to go get her back. There's nothing stopping you. Just go."

"Fine," I raise my voice at him.

Niall shakes his head and walks toward the front door, opening it for me. I hastily leave his house and call a cab to take me back to Cassie's place.

....

Upon my arrival I notice two things. The store is closed and there aren't any lights on. The store should be open until ten pm on most days. Maybe it's a holiday? I don't know but I need to hurry up and find my way around the back before anyone sees me.

I quickly climb the stairs and start knocking on her door. I wait a while before I hear the lock turn and see the door open the tiniest bit and then all at once. Cass isn't the one behind the door this time though, it's Jake.

"What brings you back here Styles?" Jake asks in a very sharp tone. He's mad.

"I came to see Cass."

"Well you're out of luck. She doesn't want to see you."

"Jake, come on."

"No. We're friends but Cassie is my best friend and I have to side with her on this. I'm not letting you in."

"We didn't even break up. There are no sides," I say running a hand through my hair.

"You left without saying a word. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a break up in the female mind."