Chapter-7 Surprise!!

Hey everyone! This story has got 1.36k views! Thank you so much for the support! This is my first ever write up! It really means a lot ❤  Possessiveness will be updated Friday evening or Saturday most probably.

Do vote and comment.
Sorry for grammatical and spelling errors!

True friendship is not about being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes.

"Mamma adopt karna kya hota hai?" The words keep ringing in her ears. How on earth she is gonna answer that? How can she make a 6 year old baby understand about adoption? Priya keeps thinking lying next to Peehu as she finally manages to make her sleep that afternoon.

Rajat left as soon as Peehu asked that question. He didn't seem to bother. Priya wonders what happened to him. Everything was normal till he went to Singapore and suddenly when he is back, he is behaving abnormal. He never behaved bad with her and Peehu. Infact he proved how much he loved the child. Every time he would say when they would get married they won't have a child since they already have Peehu. She used to just ignore his saying but he never show the sadness he felt due to her ignorance but she knew he felt bad. But she couldn't forget what he did to her. Nothing can justify the act he did. She even thought to forget what happened 5 years back. Now it's impossible. He just revealed to Peehu that she is adopted evethough unknowingly. He never has that right. Damn she is so mad at him. But she couldn't say anything to him infront of Peehu.

Peehu kept asking her is her papa hates her. She kept saying she won't do anything bad or any mischief and requested her to ask papa to forgive her. Priya just nodded in negation saying she had not done anything bad and her papa was tired and stress due to his work that's why he was in bad mood. Priya tried her best to divert Peehu's mind from the adoption thing. To her luck it was sunday so no school. She finally managed to make her sleep after an hour.

When the sleep is about to take over her, Priya hears the bell ringing. She gets up readily realizing that the person may be Rajat. Now he will get a earful. What does he think of himself? He has no right to talk to her like that. She was silent earlier because of Peehu. She didn't want Peehu to get a hint of their argument.

She goes angrily towards the door and opens it. She starts blasting the person without realizing who he is.  "What the hell do you think of yourself!?" As soon as she realizes that there is postman standing, she apologises. She recieves the middle sized box inside and reada the piece of paper stuck on it. "Happy Birthday Rockstar", it says.

Priya smiles thinking that the gift is from Ram. She at once gets sad how their friendship has changed 5 years back because of Rajat. She misses Ram, she misses the comfort they shared or do they still share? She misses their talks, fights and those silly arguments. She misses how he used to tease her and now they are not talking even normally. She misses her best friend. She still can't take the fact that its been 5 years since they have talked normally or met. She verbally hurt Ram 5 years back. Obviously he would be hurt. She regrets it. Only if Ram had not gone to US that day, things would be different.

Her thoughts stop as she hears Peehu saying Mamma in a sleepy voice as she comes out of her bedroom. Priya asks Peehu to come and see what her Golu uncle has sent for her.

Peehu excitedly jumps hearing that and her sleep goes far away. She comes to the hall and asks for the gift. Priya teases Peehu as she gives to her and before Peehu can take it she takea her hand back raising her hands in air. Peehu pouts saying, "Mamma please" Priya smiles and gives that to Peehu.

Peehu can't open the box and again pouts looking at her mamma. Priya laughs a bit and helps Peehu in opening the gift.

Peehu gets excited seeing the teddy bear. 

"Wow! Mamma dekho na kitna cute teddy hai" Peehu exclaims in excitement

"Wow! Mamma dekho na kitna cute teddy hai" Peehu exclaims in excitement. She then asks her mamma for her phone so that she can thank her Golu uncle for the gift and also to complain that he didn't wish her personally like previous year. She pouts saying, "India se kisine bhi phone nahi kiya mujhe wish karne ke liye". Priya gives her phone to Peehu and Peehu immediately dials Ram's number but it says unavailable. Priya makes her understand that her golu uncle might be busy.

They again hear the bell of the apartment ringing and Priya goes to see who has come. Peehu runs behind Priya. Priya ooene the soor to find a huge life size texdy infront of her. She realizee smeone is holding it from behind hiding his face. She asks who he is. The man removes the teddy from his front and says "Happy Biryhday Rockstar" turning towards Peehu. He is none other than Ram. Peehu jumps towards him saying, "GOLU UNCLE!!"

Priya just stands there watching them while Ram puts the teddy aside and sits in his knees to hug Peehu. Priya sees many emotions running on Ram's face. She goes towards kitchen to bring him water while Peehu leads Ram to the hall and makes him sit on the sofa saying, "aap thak gaye honge naa!? Itni dur se aaye hain!"

Ram smiles and sits in the couch. He takes Peehu on his lap and says-" aapko pata hai Indiq kitni dur hai?" Peehu stretches her hands on opposite side saying "isse bhi zyada dur". Ram laughs a bit. Priya comes to Ram and gives him water saying- "Ramm! Paani"

He looks up to her taking the glass and there is a brief eyelock. They break the eyelock hearing the bell of the apartment ringing (Ok I realize so many bells ringing in this update 😆)

"It must be cake", he says as ge funishes drinking water and place the glass on the table. Ram goea to receive it and comes to them leaving the door open. Priya goes to the kitchen to bring knife. Ram places the vake on the table. Peehu seeing the cake says- offo Golu uncle! Ye kya! Why 5? I am 6 years old naa!? Ram gets shocked listening that from her and says realizing she must be mistaken, " No rockstar! You are 5"

Peehu- arre nahi! She turns to Priya who comes to them and says mamma! Dekho na! Golu uncle keh rahe hain ki main 5 year ki hun...aap batao naa ki main six years ki hun...saying she shows her six fingers to Ram. Priya just don't know what to answer while Ram looks at her in shock.

Peehu- mamma chalo na cake kaat te hain

Ram is still in shock while Priya gets nervous how to tell him. The lie of 5 years is going to be told. Peehu cuts the cake and feeds her golu uncle first and then her mamma. She then goes to her room saying she wants to show her golu uncle the trophy she won in a race.

Ram who is sitting in the couch gets up asking Priya, "What the hell is happening here Chashmish!?"

Chashmish! Damn she is hearing that after 5 long years from his mouth. She so missed him. She gets up without saying anything and with tears in her eyes she goes to hug him tightly and says- I missed u Ramm! I missed u so much!

How can he resist now? No matter how much he is angry to her, he just can't see her in tears.
Ram holds her tight in his embrace with tears in his eyes saying- " I missed you too"

"So this happens behind my back!!"

They both get out of embrace to see Rajat entering the apartment with a bandage in his right hand.

Love,
A RaYa Fan