Chapter 12: Jason

Hey there, I have some news for you'll! So when you read the story once again, especially to the part where time skipped and Pacifica introduced herself, you'll notice that Pacifica said that it's been 8 years since the Pines Twins left Gravity Falls. So doing the math, 2012, the year they left, plus 8 years then that would be 2020. (BTW, the story is around June so it means it's summer to them.) Back then, it was around 2018 or 2019 and so, I set myself that I must think a year future ahead but since now is 2020, and we all know that 2020 is full of crap, we'll have to disregard the pandemic disease. So yeah, it never happened in this timeline. Also, the story is FULL of car-related stuff so try to hold on 'till the end.

Anyways, BACK TO THE STORY!

Dipper's POV

I started the engine. The KA24 roared as I stepped on the throttle. When I let go of the throttle, the turbo fluttered. Not too loud, just a little flutter. I closed the door, pulled the handbrake down, and shifted it to first gear. I then started to lift the clutch and stepped on the throttle slowly. I was now driving.

As I cruise at 30 mph, I pass by some shops and buildings.

I took a deep breath and said, "California. Always full of buildings."

As I took a left on a corner and drove for a few blocks, I turned my blinkers off and drove to a shop. I was greeted by Jason. Jason Deren Starson. He's my childhood best friend, partner in crime, lab-buddies, and many more. He's also the one who taught me about the automotive world.

I parked my truck in an open space and I climbed out of my truck.

"What's up my man!" He said as we high fived each other. "What brings you here?"

"Yeah, I need to do maintenance and you know that I don't have a lift to do it. I mean I could, but it would be much easier if I'm doing it in a lift," I said.

"Oh, no prob bro. You know that you're always welcome!" He said.

We walked inside his shop and I quickly spotted his 240sx (Nissan Silvia) parked, parts scattered at the trunk and the engine being rebuild.

"Oi, oi! I see you bought a new project car, huh?!" I said to him.

"Yup. Not only that, but I also bought this!" He said as he pointed at the covered project car.

"Wait, don't open it yet," I said. "Hmm... It looks like... Wait, is that what I think it is?"

"Feast your eyes on this!" He said as he revealed the car. "Hachi-Roku!"

I checked the car out it was the Zenki version. "Damn man, where did you find this clean Zenki 2 door?" I said.

"I bought it from a gal who daily drives it and took care of it. It was her first car and it was passed to her from her father. Apparently, she did not know that the AE86 value could go up due to the 'Tofu Tax' and so, I got it." He explained.

"It's clean bro. What are the plans?" I asked.

"Just simple mods. Wheels, probably some Watanabes and Tires. I could install coilovers too and exhaust. Aside from that, not much. I want this to be my daily man," He answered. "Bring the D22 here to get started."

"Right!" I muttered. I then walked to my truck and drove it inside the shop then to the lift. Jason swung the right arm of the lift while I got out and swung the left arm to where the jacking point is.