Chapter three

Jameel looked at his drink and smirked. His latte was proving to be quite a challenge. It was ok because he was always up for a challenge. She was quite closed off and that made it difficult to get to know her. But there was something about her that intrigued Jameel. He had never had to work this hard to get to know someone. Normally, when girls knew who he was and who's son he was, they'd throw themselves at him. But they were too interested in the money and what they could buy to really notice him. That's what intrigued him about his latte. She didn't seem the least bit interested in who he was, who his dad was or the fact they were minted. Jameel knew he would have to work harder than ever to win her over, but he was prepared for that. He knew he wanted her and he also knew he wouldn't give up until he got her, no matter how difficult she made it.

"What's got you so happy?" Jameel looked up as his mate took a seat opposite him. "I'm always happy." replied Jameel. "True, but today your glowing. What's made you this happy?" his mate queried. "I might of met someone." "I knew it. Only a girl can put a smile on your face like this. But dude, seriously be careful." "She's different from the rest." "Aren't they all?" "She is" "How?" "Well, for a start, she's not interested in my name or money. She doesn't even like me." "I like her already." Jameel pulled a face and put his hands on his face. "Oh man, your really serious about her aren't you?" Jameel nodded "but she won't even give me the time of day."

"Ok, this is what you do. You said she's new in town ?" Jameel nodded eagerly. "Well invite her on a night out. It'll be a group thing so she won't feel uncomfortable with you and you can spend time with her." "Your a genius." Jameel exclaimed. "I do try."

Aaliyah was busy working in her office and also busy examining a patient when  Jameel barged in. "Jameel, what the hell do you think your doing?" "Latte, we need to talk." "As you can see, I'm in the middle of examining a patient, so this will have to wait." "It's ok dear, i can wait a couple of minutes for young love." said the elderly patient. "Five minutes" said Aaliyah pushing Jameel out of the door."

"Don't ever embarrass me like that again." Aaliyah yelled at Jameel. "What do you want?" "I'm here to invite you on a night out. I know how hard you work here and what long hours you do, so I was hoping you'd come out with me and my friends for a night out. It'll give you a chance to relax and meet new people." Aaliyah was about to say no when Jameel grabbed both her hands and said "come on latte, one night out won't kill you, and you'll get to see I'm not such a bad guy."

"Fine, can I go back to my patient now?" Jameel walked away happily and Aaliyah went back to her patient. "Sorry about that." "It's ok dear, anything for young love." "I don't love him, in fact I can barely stand him." "You say that now dear, but I saw your face light up when he entered the room. I've seen the way he looks at you. Just like my husband used to look at me. He really does love you. And I know you feel something for him too, I don't know why your denying it. If you can take a bit of advice from an old woman, don't let him go. You don't get people who love you like that often. I'd give anything to spend one more day with my husband, so don't let this thing between you go."

Aaliyah looked at the old lady and wondered. Was it true, did she feel something for Jameel?