Her

Harry and Bambi are BACK! You guys will love this chapter, I'm sure! Vote and comment ;) - Allie.

.

"Here she comes."

Celine pulled Thea by the arm as the beautiful blonde strutted right past them, unbothered by all the stares shifting her way. That was Kathy Bright — the one that coexisted with every teenage girl's low self-esteem. She had everything, from a pretty face to a body straight out of a fashion magazine. Thea hadn't paid attention to her before, because unlike most people in this school, she found no interest in other people's business. It wasn't until after she'd seen Harry kiss Kathy in the treehouse last year that she knew who the girl was. Since then, every time Kathy showed up, she couldn't look away.

"You know," Celine continued, grabbing Thea's attention. "The boys in my history class were talking about her boobs the other day. Those little perverts."

"But she's dating Harry." Thea furrowed her eyebrows, yet Celine seemed quite chill about it.

"That's boys for ya," she said with a shrug. "They don't care if a girl's taken. They see boobs, they drool. But don't worry, your boobs will grow. I mean...there's nothing wrong with being flat-chested...You're fine."

"Nice save." Thea chuckled, shaking her head as she changed the subject to the regional spelling bee which she would take part in that Friday. Celine got easily distracted as usual and their conversation about Kathy soon slipped her mind. For Thea, however, it never did.

As she came home that day, she stood in front of the mirror and studied all the features she hated on her body and her face to compare herself to the older girl. It'd never been a competition, but she felt like she'd already lost. She was not as tall, not as pretty, not as mature or popular. The only thing they probably had in common was Harry.

So what if Kathy was exactly his type?

How could Thea ever compete with her?

.

.

.

"Morning, sis!"

"Morning." Thea sighed in relief as she laid down her bag and shrugged off her jacket. She was half an hour late. Thank God, Eddie wasn't there. Normally, she wouldn't have cared if she was caught being late for the third time in a week, but since she'd asked for several days off for Celine's wedding, she couldn't upset her boss and have him change his mind at the last minute.

"Have the new books arrived yet?" She asked.

"Yeah, they're at the back," Alice answered and finally took her eyes off the phone. "Harry was looking for you yesterday. Have you spoken to him?"

"Yeah." Thea nodded, pressing her lips into a small smile. She told Alice the same thing Harry had told her dad, that she'd been sick but she felt much better now. Alice didn't suspect a single thing, fortunately. "I was worried about you, you know. Thought you went 'Gone Girl' on us or something."

"Well, glad to know you've read the book I gave you."

"Nah." Alice shrugged. "I got frustrated halfway through the first chapter, so I watched the movie."

Thea let out a faint laugh, shaking her head. To be honest, she'd been waiting for Alice to bring up Isaac. Though she hadn't told her about the breakup, she assumed her co-worker already knew. Yesterday, both Alice and Eddie had seen her cry at the back of the store once Isaac had left, so there was no way they were ignorant of what had happened.