Behind The Scenes

After this chapter, I will take a three-week break. I have one more exam on July 29 and I need over a week to revise all the course materials. Then I'll be in Thailand from August 1 to August 8 for a family vacation. Don't panic, I'll still post blurbs on Tumblr during my break and come back on Friday, August 16. Thank you so much for giving me your time and patience. I love you all. - Allie.

.

Isaac and Ruby had never been friends. They'd met through Harry and had hung out a couple of times in a big group, but that was it. After all, she'd made his best friend go through hell and back for months and was one of the reasons he and Thea had got sucked into the same mess. There was no way he would even consider forgiving her, let alone do her a favor. But here she was, standing right outside his door and asking him to hear her out.

"It's important," she said, but of course, he was smart enough to not be fooled.

"I'm not gonna talk to Harry for you, Ruby, go home."

Quickly, she jammed her foot in the doorway to stop him from locking her out. "Do you know he's been snooping around with your girlfriend? That little girl, Theadora. I saw them kissing in her car this morning."

Isaac rolled his eyes and exhaled as he placed one hand on his hip, the other was still holding the door. "Thea and I broke up, she can see whoever she wants," he said with a straight face. "Thank you for coming all the way here to tell me that, but I think you're wasting both of our time."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Excuse me?"

The woman scoffed as she crossed her arms. "Aren't you upset that she got with your best friend the minute you two broke up?"

The question made Isaac chuckle. "Who are you to tell me how I should feel?" He stated, his brows furrowed as he squinted his eyes. "These are my relationships and my friends, it's none of your business. So go home, Ruby. I've had a tiring day and the last thing I need is for you to make it worse."

"Are you listening to yourself?" Ruby cried out, not about to give up. "You and Harry, both of you, might have been fooled by that little girl, but I know what she is. She's a gold-digger! Because why else would she get back in touch with him after all those years? Where was she when he was a poor student struggling with four part-time jobs, huh?"

"She was home, waiting for him to come back!"

Ruby's mouth snapped shut. Fear crossed her face as he went on to snarl at her, "if you didn't have to wait seven years to finally be with the one you've loved since you were nine, then you have no right to act like you loved him the most. For all I know, you're the little girl here, Ruby."

"Wait—"

"Now leave, before I call the police and put your reputation on the line."

Just like that, he slammed the door right in her face.

.

.

.

"Say something, please..." Thea heaved a sigh, one hand gripping the phone, the other was clawing at her leg. She knew this wasn't a good way to deliver big news, but the internet connection didn't allow her to video call Celine. The longer she put off this conversation, the more nervous she would become, and the last thing she wanted was for her best friend to find out about this from anyone that wasn't her.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything," she breathed. "Tell me I'm wrong, that I'm making a big mistake."