I Left the Chance

**A/N  Hey there! How have you been? Good I hope. So this one is a bit emotional. It is also inspired from my real life. And did I forget to tell that it's  a short story not a poem this time? So fine, I will leave you to read it now, because I want to read the comments soon. :-)**

I was sauntering around the market place, when I saw a café I had not visited recenty.
In my mind when I was about to flip the coin, to decide whether should I go inside or not, I saw a small creature from the corner of my eye.
I turned to face it and saw a small boy of about three.
He was looking here and there with his neck up at all the adults, who were rushing the market; some busy, some frustrated, or some just enjoying too much to care about anything else.
The little one was looking for a familiar face in that busy crowd.

He bumped into a man. When his scared eyes looked up to the man, the man did nothing but scrunch up his face. He pushed away the small body of the boy and moved on. How could he!
I was watching them from a distance of not more than 20 metres. Automatically, my feet took a couple steps in the direction of the boy, when I heard a rather annoyed voice.

The voice was directed towards me. Obviously, because it was my sister calling my name.
I froze on the spot. I forgot that I had not informed anyone before leaving the house.

I looked towards the small boy. He was now sitting on the footpath, crying.
Seeing tears in the eyes of the little boy made my heart ache. My sister did not see the boy and soon dragged me away. I wanted to protest, but did not.

I left the small boy there to fight his own battle. I left him crying, alone and helpless. Soon enough I had the guilt build up.

Once, I was also a little girl, a small child like him and was left in the crowd. That day, someone else helped me to get back to my parents.
Today I had the chance to reciprocate the kindness I had once received to someone else.
But, I did not help him.

**A/N  Soooooo, how was it? How did it make you feel? What did you think about the choise of this girl?Should she be blamed? Or she made a mistake as herself being a child?Whatever you think please let me know

Should she be blamed? Or she made a mistake as herself being a child?
Whatever you think please let me know. And yeah! Above there is a rough sketch I drawed thinking about the boy. I could not find a suitable image from Google/Pinterest so I drew it myself though it seems a bit shitty. LoL. So okay see ya! :-)❤️**