The Light

It was waiting in front of this pretty bookstore for my friend. It was actually a café- cum book store which made it all the lot more interesting.

My friend was running late. But I was adamant to wait.
The sky above me was nice and blue, with cotton like clouds. The pavement on which I was standing was of plain cement; but in my eyes it was a  pretty cobblestone street. The traffic was smooth. And there was music in the air.
It looked as if the day was meant for tranquility and enjoyment.

I shoved my hand out from my pocket to look at my wrist watch only to know that she was not late, but I was early.
I blew a raspberry from my lips, because I knew who was dumb.

My ever observing eyes, wandered through the crowd. People were laughing, couples went holding hands. Children in a residential street playing stapoo, grandparents taking a walk and....
Then, my eyes landed on-, no scratch that. Something caught me eye. It might sound cliche but it was... like a...? I didn't know so I had to follow it.
My feet sub consciously took its steps. My eyes never leaving the light.

All the time I was  mumbling some apologies. A sorry here then an excuse there. Why? Cause I was tearing through the crowd.

The last turn I took was into an alleyway, with a dead end.
And in front of my eyes stood-
...

....

...

..

...

A mini- me.
...

Standing in front of me but with her back facing towards me. Ask me how, is she Mini-me?
Here.

This little angel when looked over her shoulder, our eyes met.
Brown eyes with a tint of red met brown eyes with the same tint of red.
A brunette head in front of another brunette. The irony you ask me?
We are even wearing the same dress!
White playsuit with flower designs.

**A/N LoL 😂 I know this one's dumb but I had no other option and I wanted a visual of this

**A/N LoL 😂 I know this one's dumb but I had no other option and I wanted a visual of this. Ok bye continue...😁**

Whilst I was focussing on all this; something happened. And I heard a huge and loud,

BOOM!

...

And then, people screaming.
I took a glance at the little girl to see if she were scared. And she, smiled, a warm smile. I was confused. But, my other sense barged in, and I looked out of the alleyway. I turned to look back at the girl, only to find no one.

The sirens from the ambulance and police cars filled my ears. I ran out of the alleyway, the image of the girl still in the back of my mind.

***

There was this little terrorist attack.
Ha! How cute this sounds... NOT!

IT WAS A TERRORIST ATTACK! BLOODY HELL! A BOMB WAS BLASTED  in front of the café cum bookstore I would have been in.

But.

I wasn't there.

I was there, only a few minutes prior the attack.

I would have been there and died on the spot. If not for the light I was chasing. The light which turned out to be a little girl.
A little version of myself.
Who was she?
Who was she?
Who am I?
How?
Why?
What happened?

...

...

...

**A/N. Guuyyyyyyysssss! So this one is an important one. Right now this is a short story, but I don't know what might become of it.
And, who do you think was the girl?
What happened?
And sorry, right now, you won't be getting any solid answers.
;-)
But I really would appreciate the comments this time, cause I would be needing them.
So, that's it 💚 💛♥️
Thank you guys, pls comment a lot it's fun to know the thoughts and even have some constructive criticism of the readers and yeah, vote for it too ;)
Ok bye-bye see ya later sometime
Cuz my school is starting tomorrow
:(
PS:- I suck in titles, so if u can then, pls suggest something better for it
Thankyou 💙❣️
Xx
***