5

August 6, 2015

A shy smile spreads on Jade's face as she watches Perrie order frozen yogurt for them both. The last few days have been quite tough, with the internet gushing about the news of the break up. Interviewers are constantly trying to bring the subject up, which serves no other purpose than making everyone uncomfortable. Perrie has been quite down, having a hard time handling it all, but today it looks like she woke up in a good mood. The light is present in her blue eyes again, her happiness is slowly coming back, and Jade just cannot look away. She is mesmerized.

After the conversation they had on the flight to Los Angeles, Perrie and Jade had gone back to being regular bandmates; no more secret kisses in hotel rooms. In the beginning it felt like that is right thing to do, but as the days passed, Jade came to miss this side of Perrie. They still are very close and see each other every day, all day, but it is not the same. Jade often wonders if she will ever be able to forget that night is Sweden. Sometimes she wishes she could, so everything would be simple again. In other times, though, she holds onto this memory like holding for dear life. It feels too precious to lose.

"Jade, we're going out tonight," Jesy says, interrupting her bandmate's train of thoughts. It is already the third time this morning Jesy had reminded Jade that they have plans for tonight.

"Yeah, I remember," Jade replies. "Why do you keep mentioning that? Have you got something up your sleeve, Jesminda?" She asks in a playful tone.

"You're going to have to wait to find out," Jesy says with an amused smile.

"This is already such a good day," Perrie says while handing one serving of frozen yogurt to Jade. The blonde watches her own serving with eyes wide open and a hungry smile. Jade agrees, and soon Jesy and Leigh-Anne receive their orders as well and all four girls step out of the shop. While doing so, Jade takes Perrie's hand, leading her outside. She hopes this little gesture will not appear as meaningful to anyone. It is warm and sunny outside, the perfect summer weather. Jade feels wonderful in her white dress and colourful flower crown.

he next few hours are quite busy

he next few hours are quite busy. The girls attend a meeting with their management company, in which they learn that they got a casual offer from Taylor Swift to join her on tour for one night. Everyone is excited, and it makes the day even better. Then, Jade, Jesy, Perrie and Leigh-Anne go to the Radio Disney Music Awards, where they do plenty of interviews, meet fans and play a few songs. Jade tries to keep her distance from Perrie, wishing certain thoughts will disappear by doing so. Yet no matter how hard she tries, Jade cannot stop replaying that kiss in her head. She thinks of how perfect it was and how badly she wants to do it again. If only everything was simpler.