8

August 28, 2015

Jade is sitting in her brother's car, impatiently waiting for him to return with little Karl. She spends most of her time off here, in South Shields, with her family, and cannot wait to see Karl after he was in kindergarten all day. She feels excited to be reunited with Karl, but is also sad, since she knows today is probably going to be last time she sees him for at least a couple of week.

Jade feels even worse when she thinks about the packing she needs to do in just a few hours. She absentmindedly grabs her phone from of her back pocket when it begins ringing, but as soon as she sees the caller's name, Pez❤️, every drop of sadness is gone from her body. She picks up the phone with a smile on her face. Perrie and her did not get much time to talk since they returned home, and Jade is filled with anticipation.

"Jade!" Perrie excitedly says as soon as the call is answered, and Jade can hear the smile in her voice.

"Hi Pez," Jade replies. She is now thankful that she has got a few minutes in the car alone. "Did you find a new flat yet?"

"Still looking," Perrie replies. "But it's fine, I think I'm better off at my mum's for now, anyway. We're going to be away for a long time, maybe I will just wait until the end of tour to move somewhere else."

"You should really do that," Jade says while she nods her head. Only the sound of Perrie's voice is enough to make her smile. "I can't stop thinking about Aladdin. It was so fun," she continues after a short pause.

"Me too," Perrie replies. "We said we'd do something like that again, remember?" Jade wants to say that she did not forget for a second, but decides to answer with a simple mhm instead. "So when are you free? I was thinking of this Saturday."

"Yeah, Pez, about that," Jade starts, feeling tired again. "I'm so sorry, but I don't think I can make it. I'm actually flying to LA this Saturday."

"What?" Perrie asks confusion. It does not make sense to her that Jade is choosing to fly to America on their limited time off.

"Yeah, I... Jed asked me out, and he's in LA. One of us was going to have to fly out anyway because our schedules don't really match, and I decided to be the one to do it." Jade is aware of how ridiculous her words sound, but she does not try to twist the truth, as she does not want to lie to Perrie.

"Jade, are you sure you can do that?" Perrie worriedly asks. "Just tell Jed that this is your time off, I'm sure he'll understand. Flying out to LA now means you're going to have to deal with jet lag all over again, and also the really long flight... We're going to be in New York soon, so maybe you could meet him halfway."

"I already told him I'm coming," Jade says. She does not try to explain her decision, because how can she tell Perrie that she is making this much effort to go on a date just so she could prove to everyone, including herself, that she does not like her bandmate? "You're cute when you're worried about me," she says with a shy smile.

"I'd be cuter if I knew you weren't going to completely exhaust yourself just to go on a two hour date," Perrie replies, half bitterly half jokingly. "But if that's what you want, then you're welcome to call me when your jet lagged ass can't sleep. I promise I'll answer," she says and lightly laughs.

"You do realize that I'm absolutely going to do that, right?" Jade says with a smile. She then looks through the car window, and sees her brother with little Karl. "I need to go now, but we'll talk later, alright?" She says and steps out of the car.

"Sure. Text me when you land," Perrie replies. After rushed goodbyes, the call is over and Jade goes to welcome her nephew. She hugs him tightly, then takes his Ninja Turtles jacket and helps him into the car.