2: The one where she walks away

Song for the chapter: 100 bad days by AJR

Ophelia's POV

"I swear I'm going to bash her brains in, I swear. Just let me get my hands on her."

This is the first thing I hear when I regain consciousness.

Having had a lot of experience with passing out, concussions, bruises, broken body parts, and stuff, I knew exactly what I felt when I had an encounter with them.

The sour taste in my mouth, pounding headache and heightened sense of hearing told me that I had passed out and had a mild concussion.

"Who's brains?" I ask.

"Oh, dear God!" Juniper exclaims, hugging me tightly.

My ribs protest but I ignore the pain and pat her back.

"I can't believe I thought she was sorta nice when I... she's such a bitch, Phe! I can't believe she's do that."

"Do what?" I ask, aggravated now.
My heard is pounding as it is and not getting any answers isn't helping at all.

"Lola sent out a picture of you to the entire school."

I notice Milo gritting his teeth when Mark says that.

I make a move to get up and Juniper gets off the bed.
I swing my feet down and reach for my phone that was kept on the table.

"I didn't get any," I say. "Give me your phone, Mark."

Ajax still says absolutely nothing. I wonder what his problem is but it quickly leaves my mind when I see the picture of me lying on the bathroom floor with the empty bottle of Advil that I had to throw off in my hand.

'Don't do drugs. Else you might land up like, Ophelia Moon on the floor of a dirty bathroom. #Loser'

"As if people will believe that, right guys?" I snort.

"Juniper Florence, Markus Anthony and Ajax Milo Rivers, you do not believe it. Do you?" I ask when they respond.

Juniper bites her lip, Mark makes circles on the floor with his foot and Ajax still refuses to meet my eyes.

"Wow."

"Phe, you know you can talk to me, right? Whatever is going on at home or with that boy you don't introduce us to. You can talk to me. I'm always here," Juniper looks at me with sad eyes, trying to coax me to open up about my 'drug' problem.

"I don't do drugs! What is wrong with you?" I jerk my hands out of hers.

"You passed out from overdosage, Phe." Mark says in a small voice. "How many did you take?"

"Four," I mutter. "Maybe, eight." I add unwillingly.
"But you don't get it. I'm in a lot of pain."