#1: Training

Today is my first day to train with the elder. I'm really excited and anyways this is the first step for me to revenge on my father's death.

At first, I didn't really believe that he's good at fighting. But in the end, I really believe him and his talent to fight. His name is Monalaq.

Actually I'm not the only one of his student. My mom also trains with him. She said she wanted to help other villagers to save this village from any threats and in order to fill the loss of my father for the villagers. She could be a great replacement for him, really. They have the same characteristics.

Monalaq trained me heavily. He wants me to become strong, powerful and strategist. He wants to make another man as strong as my father and the only chance to do that is to train me.

We felt very exhausted, and finally Monalaq lets us have a break and drink hot tea. While we were drinking, he told us a story about my father's heroic actions to this village. He also told us that when he was young he met a very interesting girl. She was a bloodbender. She used her bending for good. She even goes to this village to save us from some explosionbenders. Yet she was killed in a fight by her leader. She just saved some villagers from a group of enemies. She bragged about it and ended up getting killed. She was too arrogant for her own good.

In the end, Monalaq gave me an advice.

"Son, outside this village, there are more enemies with more experience than you could have possibly get. Don't be proud of what you've done. Be humble about your power, and use it for people's good. Arrogant a little and you'll get karma."