Telling the Family

Previously on The Worst Field Trip Ever: "Hey, dad! What's up?" Peter asked dropping his backpack on the floor near the table that his dad was working on. "Just the regular kid. Hey, want to come over here and finish the new iron gauntlets." "Yes!" Peter yelled.

After working in the lab for a short time (in reality, it was about 3 hours), F.R.I.D.A.Y called the duo to dinner announcing that: Captain Spangles (Steve Rogers) has made lasagna. Tony replied with a distracted "Sure." Instead, the two continued to work on the iron gauntlets and other projects. This continued for almost 30 minutes until Pepper and Natasha had to storm into the lab and practically dragged the father and son duo to the dining room.

"Finally," Clint breathed with a sigh of relief "We have been waiting for 30 minutes for you two lab crabs to get out of your shell and join us for dinner. Mister Manners, here won't give us our food until everyone is seated at the table." Clint said while pointing his index finger at Steve. "Yeah! I'm hungry and it's your fault." Sam cried and tried to jump at Tony. Clint following the act of violence after Sam. After being held back by Steve, Bucky, and Bruce the two bird-based heroes gave up and sat back at the table.

After a couple of minutes of eating, Natasha spoke up. "So, Spiderling what's up? "Anything new, like maybe a field trip to Stark Towers?" Peter almost choked on his food. He almost forgot about the field trip. Every head in the room turned to him and Peter started to sweat. How did Nat find out about the field trip? Peter wondered he was sure that his field trip form was still in his backpack in the lab. "Nope, nothing new happening at all. Yup, just the same old school, and stuff!" Peter exclaimed way to fast for it not to be suspicious.

"Then, what's this?" Natasha said, waving a crumpled permission slip in the air. "Nothing," Peter replied quickly grabbing the slip and hiding it in his back pocket. "Peter Benjamin Parker Star-, Peter," Tony said in a serious manner almost slipping that he adopted Peter to the Avengers. (Civil War didn't happen and Tony hasn't told the Avengers about adopting Peter in this fic) Nat handed the slip the Tony, who took it and signed it immediately.

"Look kiddo. I'll try not to embarrass you too much but you know how the rest of the team is like. They would never give up a chance to embarrass you." Tony said in a soft voice once dinner had ended. " I know I just wish I didn't have to go that's all. I mean it would be a great opportunity to show my classmates what we do here but..." Peter trailed on knowing that Tony knew the rest. "Just get some rest okay. We'll take it one day at a time."

To be continued...