Prologue

I - Elle Greene - would like to tell you the story of my summer - from the first day, to the last, and everything in between. But ultimately, I'd like to tell the story about the boy who changed my life in three short months.

Before I met him, I'd only heard stories. He was a stranger who didn't feel like one at all, and even once I knew him, he never failed to surprise me. Every day spent with Finn Taylor blew my mind in a thousand different ways.

Finn Taylor was no mere human. He was a god. He was the king of the world - or at least the king of my world. He could both love and abandon with an unequaled passion.

I didn't know his favourite colour, or if he even had a middle name, but I did know that he was special. There was something about his lopsided grin and that devilish twinkle in his eyes that made me want more from that very first moment. His kisses ignited fires, and his words put them out.

From the moment I met Finn I knew that he would break my heart, and though I only knew him for a short time, I was his from the start.

There were no two people in the universe who were more different than Finn and I, but somehow we made it work.

I loved him from the bottom of his ripped jeans, to the curled tips of his inky black hair.

I don't know why I loved him,

I don't know how I loved him,

But I did.

So know this Finn Taylor, wherever you may be:

I love you.

And if you've ever been in my situation then you'll know how hard it is to go on when the one you love abandons you.

I loved a boy, and he loved me, and then he didn't.