The truth is hard to tell

Selene's P.O.V

'It was two years ago now. It was my fifteenth birthday and my family and I were celebrating. My sister was mated to the beta of our pack, so Leo didn't come till later in the day.

'We lived away from the pack house, close to Claire and Leo, so when the pack house was attacked by the hunters and rouges, we didn't know. Leo ran from the pack house to us and told us to leave, but he wasn't aware he was followed until they grabbed me from behind. Leo told everyone to keep running and was going to help me, but I told him to go, to take care of everyone, that I would find a way back to them. The last words I heard from anyone in my family were 'be brave, be strong, we will come for you soon'.

'He turned and continued running after my family. I knew they wouldn't find me, alive at least, but I wasn't scared. They were safe, that's all that mattered.

'The hunters dragged me passed the pack house, or what was left of it. It had been burned to the ground. Everybody was dead. Dead mothers held dead children. Men clung to women, people were strewn everywhere. Everywhere you looked there were dead people.

'They pushed me into a black land rover. There were many other girls, some from my pack others from different packs. We were all in the back of the car, I guess it was the boot. We were sitting there waiting for the hunters and rouges to get in the car when we heard gun shots. I could see out the window that was mostly covered by another girls body, and I saw the hunters shooting the rouges. They died as soon as the bullet hit them, meaning that they were silver bullets, nothing else can kill us that quickly, except another wolf.

'When all the rouges were dead, the hunters split up and went to different cars. They opened the front door and threw a gas bomb into the car. Everything went black after that' my voice cracked a little as tears started to flow like rivers down my checks.

Emmet quickly pulled me from the bed and onto his lap. He rubbed my back and whispered sweet nothings into my ear. Reluctantly I pulled back and continued my gruesome story.

'When I woke up, everything was still black, but I could see a slither of light at the bottom of the door. There was pain in my wrists, it burned, I knew that I was being restrained by silver. Not long after I opened my eyes, the door opened and a man came in. He held clothes and a leather whip with pieces of silver knotted into the lashes. It looked like a cat 'o' nine tails. He came over to me and undid my bindings. He gaged me so my screams wouldn't be to loud. He proceeded to strip my clothes from my body, I was left in front of him stark naked. He then started to whip my back, it hurt so much, I had tears streaming down my face and I tried crying out for help but it didn't work, because of the gag. This is basically what happened the whole time I was there. Someone would come in, strip my clothes off and then whip me' I told Emmet this without looking at him, I couldn't look at him, I couldn't see the disgust in his eyes.

'After about a year the beatings became worse, they would last about six hours. When I was nearly seventeen, a man came in, only he didn't have a whip, he had a knife. He took me from the wall and sliced my arms and legs. The blade was made from silver, it burned and I cried out in pain. He then told me to cooperate or he would cut me more. I was scared I didn't know what he was going to do. I just nodded my head at him. He punched my face, knocking me off balance, I fell to the ground, and he started kicking me in the stomach. He grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me to my feet. He placed the blade on the bottom of my sternum and told me not to move. He then forced his lips onto mine. Repulsed by his actions I tuned my body away from him, forgetting the blade. It slipped and sliced me open, from my sternum, right around to 'my spine. He slapped me, called me a worthless whore and pushed me to the ground. He angrily ripped my clothes from my body' I pause here and take a deep, calming breath. I then continue to tell my story.

'and then he raped me'