20. 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙨

soft buzzing pierced luke's ears as he was dragged out of the cave of soft sobbing and tears of people who had their hands wrapped around his detoriating fingers

luke's eyes opened up into pitch black, like a blindfold had been tied around his face when he fell asleep only seconds ago in ashton's arms. he groaned, standing up as his arms reached to feel and pull out the small grip of door that lead to the outside.

luke's vision was immediately filled with the most intense blinding light, as if flashlights had been flickered on. as luke stood there blinking, the light slowly wavered, softening down as he was now able look at the surroundings which was nothing but an endless road of pristine white hallway.

the blonde decided to move ahead, letting his bare feet hit the cold silver marble underneath. the walls around him were efficacious as a mirror, and as his eyes caught onto the perplexing reflection that stood bold infront of him.

it was himself, drowned in sheets of white. the only mystifying thing about the account was that luke had aged back. he was not the seventy eight year old slow, wrinkled and tired figure who had laid faint on the bed only minutes ago, but back in his late teens, with his whole head of hair and the twinkle back in his ocean eyes.

"luke."

the silence broke, one word in that voice which made luke fall back into a pitch of black abyss where the screaming had found home inside his mind and his heart would beat faster than the birds in the sky on earth. the only thing he could do was just watch his hands shake progressively and his knees buckle under him.

it was the only song that played in his mind for months on a mental stereo until he could no longer recall how the words rolled off his tongue in a soft lisp that luke had fallen in love with.

he was right behind luke.

his arms wrapped around luke's waist, steadying him just as the taller boy stumbled. luke turned around, and he felt every word and every thought that ever passed his mind when he was alone at night come back, but nothing fell out of his lips. he could only let his finger run around the boy infront of him and let his eyes well up in tears.

luke broke, like he had every week for in the time between that boy and this boy but michael was finally here, holding him and rocking him and whispering sweet words of nothing that echoed in the empty halls.

michael looked the same as luke, just like how he had wanted to remember him. the way he looked before the cancer roped him down and dragged him into the cold darkness of the earth. his eyes were like peridots that was out in the sunshine, and his hair was the color of the night skies that luke had spent hours infront of speaking to michael.

"i missed you so much"

luke's voice trembled. he was so afraid that if he broke out the peace that he felt right now between them, he would crash back onto the crooked bed he had slept in, and wake up once again without the boy infront of him.

he was not going to let michael slip away again.

it was like michael could read his mind, as they both entangled their fingers togather, his body wrapped around luke's as he brought the blonde's fingers to his mouth and pressed soft kisses to the dips of his fingers.

"i loved you then, and i love you just as much now. i know things had changed, but between the both of us, we are still the same."

that was all luke needed to hear for now, for the tears gathering up in his eyes soaked both their t-shirts and both boys held each other tight, their breaths being the only thing that reached both their ears.

but michael's hands fell onto luke's chest, luke remembered the small bud of michael's favourite flower, gladiolas he had dropped into his pockets before his journey. he smiled, michael's fingers tracing his lips and his cheek as he held the white petals up and tangled it in the purple strands of hair. both their eyes never left one another except for their blinking, till michael's voice broke the silence, both of them falling into laughing fit as the small camera in his mind reeled back to that moment almost thirty decades ago.

"so, i guess i'm the pretty girl you've been stealing the flowers for".