Chapter 1

Heyo! Welcome to my first ever Hermitcraft fanfiction. Hope you enjoy! ^^

C:C:

Chapter 1

A high-pitched squeal filled the air as a laser of pure white came beaming down to the grassy surface. The light was blinding, scaring many of the village's residences as they took for cover in fear of what this entity was. They should have had no real concern, as the ritual used to enter this particular world was quite common. In fact, about twenty of these beams had already come down that day. With each one bringing something to this world that had been dubbed as the Hermitcraft.

As the light began to fade, an image of this returning person began to become clear. A young man, with dirty blonde hair and large brown eyes, stood in the center of the light, hands on his hips as he looked about. His red sweater wrinkled upon touch, long sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wore a massive grin on his face, one full of energy and excitement. He had just arrived in the village, villagers still in a frenzy, and already he was excited for whatever today would bring.

Grian, the newest Hermit to this "season," immediately began to prepare for the upcoming day. Setting up his camera, his microphone, and anything else he may need for today's video. He had come to really love making videos for the people in other worlds and realms, and people seemed to show mutual feelings towards watching him survive. So he made a game out of it, asking for help from his viewers and for their opinions, and in return, he'd provide entertainment. It was his most favorite thing to do!

Though, there was still things he needed to do. He walked into his claimed house, the home still towering over the village and hopefully standing the tallest compared to the other buildings. He walked to a chest, pulling out a book and began to flip through pages. He needed to make a to-do list before he could start videoing.

"Let's see," he hummed to himself, tapping the feather to his mouth. He sat back on the bed in the room, almost instantly getting an annoyed grunt from his roommate–more of a hostage really. Grian gave an amused chuckle, promised the villager he would be done in a moment, and began to jot down ideas.

"I need to check on the shops," Grian mused to himself, writing down in the book to check his more prominent shops. He didn't have faith anyone had bought anything from his pickle shop. "Stock up on some things, make sure I'm still in the lead...hm, I need something new to start on, don't I?"

He looked up at the villager still glowering down at him. Sighing, Grian closed the book shut and stood up from the bed, stretching out his limbs as he did so. The squeak of springs made him turn around, and he couldn't help but break out into laughter when he saw Villager Grian lying on the bed with a determined glare still evident on his face.

"Okay, okay, it's yours," Grian laughed and put the book of notes into his inventory for safe keeping. He gave a wave of goodbye to the villager, which wasn't returned, crawled out the house, and into the outside world. The sun was already setting, but since he was going to go to the other side of the world, it really didn't matter if he slept or not. At least, not to him.

Grabbing a stack of rockets from his inventory, he walked to the Nether Portal and jumped in, feeling himself get dizzy as he felt the effects take place. The dizziness was a side effect he had come to get used to, but that didn't mean he didn't feel disoriented. When he had appeared in the Nether, he wobbled a little, his balance lost for a few seconds but was quickly regained. Shaking his head, he opened his elytra and took off into the air. It would be a long trek to the island, so he supposed this could be an excellent time to start.

Bringing a wrist band up to his face, he quickly pressed the record button and just like that everything was on. The camera, the mic, and anything else needed for this video were all ready and, once clapping his hands two times, began the recording.