Mission 1: The homecoming

Nico and Nero finally reached home. Nero basically jumped out of the van and ran straight inside. After all the events that happened the day before, he was desperate for Kyrie. He knew it was late already, and she was probably sleeping, but at that moment he didn't care. He barged in the bedroom, waking her up in the process.

-Nero, you're back. – she smiled and rubbed her eyes a bit.

-Yeah. – he spoke softly. – I'm home.

-Are you hungry? I'll warm something up quickly. – she started getting up, but Nero stopped her.

-No, no, no. Sleep. - he shook his head. – I need rest as well.

Nero took his clothes off, carried them to the bathroom, and got in the bed next to Kyrie. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. That was all he needed in that moment. He let out a deep sigh, nuzzling his face in Kyrie's hair. He closed his eyes, letting his mind calm down.

-Are you okay? – whispered Kyrie. She could clearly see something was off.

-Dante is gone...and I know who my father is...- he said, not able to contain the shaking in his voice. – Turns out Dante's my uncle.

-I guessed that you may be related to him somehow. – answered Kyrie, kissing Nero's cheek. - I'm sorry.

-It's okay, I'm at home now, that's all that matters. – said Nero. – Let's get some rest.

Time skip

On the next day Nero woke up alone in the bed. He grunted hearing Kyrie and Nico squealing. Nero grunted again when he saw it was afternoon already. It was time to finally get up, take shower and maybe grab a bite. Nero rolled off of the bed, picked some clean clothes and took a shower. Then he made his way to the kitchen.

-Hey. – he said, seeing Nico and Kyrie sitting at the table.

-Morning honey. – smiled Kyrie. She fixed the plate for Nero and put it in front of him. – Feel a bit better today?

-Yeah, thanks. – answered Nero, taking a bite. Kyrie was a great cook, though she had a tendency of making too much food. – So what was the squealing about?

-Eat up first or you will choke to death when you hear the news. – grinned Nico, winking at Kyrie, making her giggle and blush a bit.

She indeed had a big news to announce. Nero just dismissed it with a shrug and finished his meal. Then he washed the dishes and sat back at the table, ready to hear Kyrie out.

-Okay. – he said. – Will you tell me now?

-Oh, I got an idea for a new weapon. – chuckled Nico and left the couple alone.

This was kind of a message that should be delivered in peace. She walked out to the garage, the van needed some fixing anyway. Kyrie on the other hand started playing with her fingers. She felt nervous, and didn't really know how to start. Nero let her take her time. He loved her softness and shyness.

-Well...- she started. – Remember when we talked about possible use for that empty room upstairs?

-Yeah. – nodded Nero.

-I think I have the best idea...but we have a limited time for preparations... - then she looked in Nero's eyes. – I'm pregnant.

Nero blinked few times shocked, not knowing want to do. His body acted on his own at the sudden wave of happiness rushing through it. He pulled Kyrie close and just kissed her passionately, that was all he could do in that moment. He laughed and squeezed her in his arms, still not believing his ears.

-I'm gonna be a father. – he said and chuckled. – That's why you two were so loud when I woke up.

-What can I say, Nico can't wait to become an auntie. – giggled Kyrie in response.

-I'll get to work on the nursey as soon as possible. – grinned Nero, already planning the whole cleaning, renewing and getting furniture to the room.

At least the world was safe for his baby grow up in. The huge sacrifice was taken for the new generation's safety. But Nero thought it was a good thing. Maybe, just maybe, his kid wouldn't have to fight like he has to. And maybe the tale about Sparda will become a family story, just to remember their heritage.