Prologue

Ana's POV

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

"Don't talk back to me! You are staying home on this mission and that's final!"

He probably said that because he cared about me but I wasn't about to stay home and miss all the fun! I was tired of being treated like a fragile flower. Women can be tougher (and considerably more resourceful) than men! My only regret is that I dragged poor Hamish, my cat, into it too. I was part of Torchwood, the secret British alien hunting organisation. My boss, Ethan, had been trying to keep me out of a particularly dangerous hunt. We were going after the Doctor himself. The files say he had razor sharp teeth, huge claws, and could turn into a hulking moster at will. I wasn't about to miss that!

In truth though, when I did meet him, he was quite a nice fellow actually. Completely normal looking, except he was the most extraordinary man I had ever met. Never carried a gun, armed only with his wits and his sonic screwdriver, he defeated billions of malevolent aliens, but never cruelly. He always gave then the chance to surrender and offered to help them relocate to a different part of the galaxy. He is the nicest, most sensitive man ever. Except perhaps John Hamish Watson. Most sensitive alien ever.

I guess I should start at the beginning. The day they were going after the Doctor. The day Hamish and I got bitten by a vampire, Scott, and met Shelock Holmes who helped us find the Doctor.

A/N

So, more of an introduction, really, but I fell like this is a good prologue. Normal chapters will probably be longer.