fifteen

Zelena and Anakin were sitting across from each other as they ate

Zelena and Anakin were sitting across from each other as they ate. "And when I got to them, we went into aggressive negotiations." Duja entered to give the two fruit. "Thank you."

"'Aggressive negotiations'? What's that?" Zelena asked.

"Uh, well, negotiations with a lightsaber." The two began to laugh and Zelena moved to cut her fruit, but Anakin had different plans. He used the Force to bring the fruit over to his plate so he could cut it for her.

"Oh." She said in realization.

"If Master Obi-Wan caught me doing this, he'd be very grumpy." He sent the fruit back to her and she stabbed it midair with fork. She then brought it to her lips and took a bite. The two sat beside the fireplace after dinner to talk.

"From the moment I met you all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you...I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating hoping that that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything that you ask." Zelena said nothing. "If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me."

"I can't." Zelena said softly. "We can't. It's...just not possible."

"Anything is possible, Zelena. Listen to me." He attempted to take her hand, but Zelena snatched it away.

"No, you listen." She snapped. "We live in a real world. Come back to it. You're studying to become a Jedi. I'm...I'm a Senator. If you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, it'll take us to a place we cannot go regardless of the way we feel about each other."

"Then you do feel something." Anakin said.

"I will not let you give up your future for me." She tried to reason with him.

"You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't." Anakin told her.

"I will not give in to this." She said.

"Well, you know, it wouldn't have to be that way. We could keep it a secret." Anakin suggested.

"We'd be living a lie, one we couldn't keep even if we wanted to. I couldn't do that. Could you, Anakin? Could you live like that?" Zelena asked.

"No. You're right. It would destroy us." He turned away from her.
•••••

Taun We escorted Cordalia and Obi-Wan from the compound

Taun We escorted Cordalia and Obi-Wan from the compound. "Tell your council that the first battalions are ready. And remind them, if they need more troops it will take more time to grow them."

"I won't forget, and thank you." Obi-Wan said.

"Thank you." The two made their way through the rain.

"R4!" Cordalia called out. "Scramble code five to Coruscant!"

"We have successfully made contact with the Prime Minister of Kamino. They are using two bounty hunters named Jango Fett and Astrid Fett to create a clone army. I have a strong feeling that these bounty hunters are the assassins we are looking for." Obi-Wan paused. "And there's more. This Astrid Fett is the sister of the Senators Embara, daughter of Master Embara. She left the Jedi Order about ten years ago. Now, she is helping to create this clone army along with her husband, this Jango Fett." He turned to Cordalia. "Stay with the ships."
••••••

Zelena ventured onto a balcony to see Anakin with his back turned against her

Zelena ventured onto a balcony to see Anakin with his back turned against her. "Don't go."

"I don't want to disturb you." She whispered.

"Your presence is soothing." Anakin answered.

"You had another nightmare last night." Zelena observed.

"Jedi don't have nightmares." Anakin retorted.

"I heard you." Zelena countered and Anakin sighed sensing his defeat.

"I saw my mother. She is suffering, Zelena. I saw her as clearly as I see you now. She is in pain." He turned to face Zelena. "I know I'm disobeying my mandate to protect you, Senator, but I have to go. I have to help her."

"I'll go with you." Zelena smiled softly.

"I'm sorry. I don't have a choice." Anakin apologized.
•••••

After several minutes of convincing, Corvus and Padmé agreed to go with the two to Tatooine

After several minutes of convincing, Corvus and Padmé agreed to go with the two to Tatooine. Once they landed, they took two carriages to Watto's junk store.

"Wait right there." Anakin instructed the carriage drivers.

"Okey-okey." They answered.

"Da wanga!" The Toydarian exclaimed.

"Chut-chut, Watto." Anakin began speaking Huttese. "Let me help you with that." Anakin took a piece of equipment out of Watto's handa and began to work on it.

"What? What do you want? Wait! You're a Jedi!" Watto grunted. "Whatever it is, I didn't do it."

"I'm looking for Shmi Skywalker." Anakin said.

"Ani? Little Ani?" Watto asked as Anakin set down the piece of equipment that was now fixed. "Nahhh. You are Ani! It is you!" Watto began to laugh. "You sure sprouted, huh? Wee-hoo! A Jedi! Whattaya know!" Watto chuckled. "Hey, maybe you could help with some deadbeats who owe me a lot of money."

"My mother." Anakin repeated.

"Oh, yeah. Shmi. Uh, she's not mine a-no more-a. I sold her." Watto revealed.

"You sold her?" Anakin asked.

"Years ago. Sorry, Ani, but you know, business is business, huh?" Watto chuckled. "Yeah, I sold her to a moisture farmer named, uh, Lars. At least I think it was Lars. Believe it or not, I heard he freed her and married her! Can ya beat that, eh? Yeah."

"Do you know where they are now?" Anakin asked.

"Ooh, long way from here. Someplace over on the other side of Mos Eisley, I think, mmm."

"I'd like to know." Watto chuckled nervously. "Eh, sure. Absolutely! Let's go look at my records, huh? Mmm." Corvus, Padmé, Anakin, and Zelena followed him inside with R2.