Prologue

Village of Dedaeh, four hours from Zendaro-Silvane border
Screams of sheer terror filled the air of a once quiet little village as soldiers under the banner of Silvane set fire to the homes of the villagers with said individuals still inside.

Above it all and atop a horse, sat a young man who looked barely a day over twenty years old. Unlike the man's soldiers who were wreaking havoc below, the young man seemed to take no pleasure in the destruction of property and livelihoods - which is quite a normal thing to not take pleasure in. This young man was Duke Aurelius Wicke of Stellourous, and although he took pride in being his King's right hand - he did not take pride in the violence that came with the position. Violence that he was forced to be "at the helm of" when all he truly did was watch from afar while others did his job for him.

Duke Wicke rode his dove white mare down to the center of the village and leapt off of her, heading towards one of his nearby officers.

"Bartholomew, I think that your point has been made. You have done enough. Go now and round up the survivors. No unnecessary force, please!", the young Duke ordered.

Bartholomew looked visibly disappointed at the Duke's final order, as he was one of Silvane's more violent army officers. But nonetheless, he complied. Now the injured survivors would have to be snuck across the border without Zendaro border patrols noticing. Alas, the Duke was unable to accompany the caravan of soldiers and prisoners in order to make sure the prisoners were treated well. Instead, the Duke had other matters to take care of.