Chapter 3

"I will have the usual please." I say to Alfie. He asks the lady at the counter for 3 normal sized portions of chips, one with fish, one with nuggets and another with a battered sausage. The cook wraps the orders up in 3 layers of papers and hands it to me as Alfie pays the frail old lady in her ridiculous chip shop t-shirt. We brace ourselves for the chill of a normal December night as we jogged over to the car in the oddly shaped, triangular car park.

We have done this every Saturday night now since the Sunday I moved into Jo's. We drive into Brighton, go to the best fish and chip shop, and drive back home.

Alfie had moved in on the 6th of October, the day after the crash. Apparently our parents were paying for his apartment and since the they have disappeared. Taking all trace of themselves along with them, apart from one large, and two smaller boxes. Each filled with things from our childhood. Obviously Alfie's was the largest, seeing as his childhood wanted to be remembered.

But what touched me was the fact she kept these little things that anyone should have. Like my first outfit, a pale pink onesie with a little fluffy lamb on it, my first pair of socks, the blanket I was bundled in the minute I was born and the two scans to check how you are doing inside your mum. Even the wristband that you have so that the midwives wouldn't mix you up with the next bald, pudgy baby to enter this confusing life. Franks box was identical to mine, except, well, it was Franks stuff, not mine.

I love these nights because Alfie and I would talk about completely random things, like who they hated most in primary school or the most embarrassing thing we have done in public. One of the nights we even tried to top the most embarrassing things by daring each other to run down the empty high street shouting 'I HAVE DONE A MASSIVE POOOO.'

I loved Alfie because of that, he is literally the older brother I never had. I felt as if I could tell him anything and everything. He insisted that I show him all of mine and Franks baby pictures though I had cut out the monsters, if they were in any, and used them as fuel for the fire. To be honest it kept us warm for a fair few nights.

I nearly cried when I told him about the last night that Frank and I spent together, we were in my room and Frank brought his darts board into my room and hooked it on the wall. Paula and William had gone to somebodies party, so we didn't have to mute our laughter there. Anyway we found an amazing picture of us on the beach of us both doing handstands, but unfortunately on either side of us there was tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee, they were keeping their distance but the still ruined the picture. We found some scissors and cut them both out, pinning them to the dart board. At that moment he had this idea for a game, all we had to do was throw darts at the pictures and whichever body part we hit, we would have to imitate what that person would say if we threw an actual dart at them. It was hilarious, sometimes I would hit William in the neck and I would go, 'Why are you trying to ruin my perfect tie?! I only managed learn to tie my tie today because guess what?! I'm an idiot!' Sometimes Frank would hit Paula in the ginormous stomach and he would go, 'Oh my gosh! Everyone is always on my case about my weight. AGGH!'

We laughed so much we fell of my bed. That was one of the best times that I've had with him. God, I miss him...

A/N

Hi! I'm a lot sorry I haven't uploaded anything in ages but I have had a few technical difficulties. But i promise i will try to get a few more up over the next few weeks!

BYEEEEEEEEE

x