PROLOGUE: The Spirits' Decision

There have been many a Multiverse before the one we have today. Few guardians managed to keep the Multiverse in balance before it later tumbled into anarchy, a blank page left behind for the next generation.

And it continued, in a loop, never ending. Guardians found, guardians balance, guardians fall. It was how every Multiverse worked.

But this time, it was different.

A blank space wasn't left. In fact, three little universes had survived the latest fall.

One was Reapertale, home to Quetzalcoatl, the sole surviving guardian of the tree of life. It was flourishing well, with many residing in it.

Another was Undertale. It was still a work in progress. The creator had not finished. Perhaps it would be complete soon.

The third was a curious one. It was also a blank space, but a skeleton had been sitting there for a while now. The skeleton had been there so long, he had started glitching.

An even curiouser thing frequently happened to this skeleton. He could hear the voices of the guardians' spirits. They liked to pressure him quite a bit, but he could take it well.

The spirits decided something had to be done. The Multiverse had been empty for such a long time now. It was time to continue the loop.

This time, they could not remake a body for themselves. There was not enough material that could control their strong magic.

Perhaps they had to think outside the loop.

They took a look at the glitchy skeleton. He could be a contender, for sure. But for what use?

They took a look outside the void. Another skeleton was happily making things. Perhaps he could be a contender, too. Was that his talent? What would they use it for?

Only two contenders, excluding the ones that resided in Reapertale. Whatever could they do with them?

The spirits thought about their mistakes, then at last had an idea.

Creation. Destruction. The two things needed to create perfect harmony! The two things they never had before. Of course the previous Multiverses fell!

The spirits set to work, preparing the portal to help the creating skeleton reach the blank Multiverse. They gave the glitchy skeleton the power to make a destructive string. They thought about their companions; perhaps positive feelings and negative feelings would do. They'd have to wait for contenders for those positions. They also figured out who would tell them their destiny; they picked the guardian of magic to play that role.

The spirits had their new Multiverse ready. It would be made soon. For now, they'd just have to wait.

*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•**

Andddddd yOu, fellow reader, will have to wait for next chapter.

It won't be a loooooong wait, I promise!

That's it for now. See you in chapters to come!

~MiniDev♥︎~

Finished 21st June 2019