Chapter 34 | The Unsaid

Last night Jaden had sent us all a message that the fight was canceled. He managed to convince Hennessy Davidson to cancel the whole thing, and we were beyond happy. Ace actually spent the night at my house, hence why seeing him wearing only sweatpants while maneuvering his way around my kitchen shouldn't be such a big deal.

It was though. I forgot how to breathe.

"You know, you could just politely ask," he laughed.

"What?" 

"If you ask, you'll get a piece of it." Walking his way towards me, Ace hugged me from behind, followed by me instantly leaning my head on his chest. What, I really loved hugs, I've discovered it not such a long time ago. 

"A piece of what? Pancakes?" 

"Sure, Mia. Pancakes," he rolled his eyes as dramatically as he could.

"I'll pass," I said and moved away from him, giving him a questioning look I added, "I don't consume... pancakes." 

"You don't consume pancakes? Just you wait, I'll change your mind soon enough," Ace joked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You'll never manage to make me eat animal products."

"Who mentioned animal products?" He got serious, but I still saw the playful look he tried to hide.

"You? Pancakes? Food? Dairy?" I slowly added more words to my enigma.

"What?" Ace was wide-eyed this time.

"I'm vegan, Ace."

"A virgin?" I was the wide-eyed one.

"A vegan."

"A virgin?"  He couldn't keep it in anymore so before I managed to slap him Ace burst into a serious fit of laughter. 

"You're an ass. " I murmured and turned away in an attempt to leave. 

"I'm just joking babe, seriously, I'm just joking." The devil himself smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"You're such a child," I said and he just winked at me. "Yup, a child." It was confirmed.

Ace continued making breakfast, and I continued admiring the way he looked like. I mean, I was a winner no matter how you look at it, I just wasn't ready to tell him that, it'd just get in that big head of his. But yeah, you get my point. 

"Ace, did you by any chance talk to Jaden?" My creepy ways of looking at Ace were interrupted by my sister. 

"Not since last night, why?" 

"Well, I haven't heard from him since last night either, and I don't know, it's not like him not to answer my calls." She was nervous, pinching the bridge of her nose repeatedly. Brie rarely got seriously worried, for she was a full-time optimist, and seeing her like that sent a wave of mixed feelings through my body. I knew that they talked all the time. Hell, most nights I couldn't even sleep from her giggling in the room across mine, the phone bill was getting more expensive each day. Why wasn't he returning her calls? 

"Ace," I said, trying not to sound too worried, " are you sure you two didn't speak?"

"Yes." The way he said it, and the way he looked at me, I knew that we were thinking of the same thing. 

"Just tell him to call me if you see him, okay?" 

"I will Brie."

My sister went to her room and my boyfriend dropped the spoon from his hand. His face was pale and he started to shake his head repeatedly. I ran towards him, hugged him as strongly as I could, and started swaying back and forth, together with him.