Chapter 7

A day had passed and Muzamil still had no answer from his parents. He knew something was not right but he wanted to hear that what actually happened. He finally got a chance to have a talk with his mother alone and this was the chance Asma could make him understand and see things from a different dimension.

" Muzamil every parent wants best for their children and nobody can deny them from this right".

"Ami what did uncle and aunt say. They didn't agree. I could make them agree if-"

" Muzamil their perspective is right. You are still a student then how could you support and take care of their daughter who is used to living lavishly".

"But ami I will do everything for Zarghoona. I promise I'll fulfill her every need and wish. I'll work hard".

"When you know you are capable of doing everything you said now, only then will we talk about it. Promises alone could not stand for it".

"Work hard, become something, be a match for Zarghoona". Asma made him see what he couldn't.

"I'll go back and work hard, but ami Zarghoona is mine only mine". Muzamil said with determination.

Muzamil wanted to meet Zarghoona before he went back to hostel. He saw her sitting in lawn after dinner. He approached her and asked her to promise him. She got confused as to what should she promise and when he told him that he wanted her to wait for him, Zarghoona became shocked but before she could come out of her shock and reply her mother shouted from the window asking her to come inside at once. Zarghoona went inside without sparing a glance to Muzamil and Muzamil's immature mind thought that she was feeling shy.

Muzamil returned back to his studies and worked harder then before, he also started to look for a part time job so that he could show his uncle how serious he is about Zarghoona and he would do everything to keep her happy. He did write letters to Zarghoona but not as regularly as before because he was much more busy now. Muzamil never got reply of any letter and this was unsettling for him but he didn't had time to go back home and see what's wrong. During all this period he had discussed his feelings for Zarghoona to his brother Bami. He had told him about the exchange of letters and Muzamil somehow gave an impression to Bami that Zarghoona was also interested in him but had never mentioned it verbally. Muzamil told Bami that he and Zarghoona had been exchanging letters regularly.

Bami didn't liked his aunt so he tried to warn his brother, but when he saw his brother was adamant Bami kept quiet. He thought if Zarghoona is also interested then who he was to ask Muzamil to let go of such thoughts. But Bami felt uneasy about all this thing going on between his brother and cousin. He knew his aunt was a troublesome woman, so he promised himself that he would be there at every up and down with his brother in pursuing of this new relationship.

Meanwhile Nabila was busy looking for a suitable match for her daughter. She wanted to marry off Zarghoona as soon as possible. She had witnessed how Muzamil looked at her daughter and now she was sure that it had been Muzamil's demand to marry Zarghoona and his parents had bowed to his stubbornness. So she thought that the best thing would be to marry her daughter to a nice family when Muzamil is away. Hence, she was very discreet about her plan.

Nabila's efforts paid off and she arranged Zarghoona's marriage with a man living abroad. The best thing was that the groom side was also in a hurry and the date for wedding ceremony was set within a month. She had told what she felt about Muzamil to Ahmed and asked him to ask his brother and Asma to not inform Muzamil about Zarghoona's marriage.

Asma and Javed were informed of Zarghoona's marriage a week before the date and Ahmed had requested them to keep it a secret from Muzamil. Even if Ahmed had not asked them to keep it a secret they knew better and wouldn't have told their son anything. They knew that Zarghoona was their son's infatuation and his teenager mind would forget about it. He was not mature enough to get married and that too with Nabila's daughter. Even if they were to marry it would be unfair with Zarghoona.