Chapter 1

Scorpion's POV:

The depths of the Netherrealm, my personal hell. Though it may seem like a world of insanity, to me it is quite calm. Except those times when I've encountered Noob Sabiot. Almost every time we did fight, we would neutral out. So there was never really a victor.

Those times were infrequent as well. Between them was times that I remember best. They all held something that has been imbedded in my mind. Still, each of those moments held something important to me.

Kuai. Kuai Laing. Sub-Zero. Tundra. He would often visit here to speak with his brother. It was afterwards of him speaking with Noob Sabiot. Some things are best left unsaid while others... Are not.

Sub-Zero's POV:

Earthrealm, a supposed place of quiet and peace. Now a war-like and infuriated realm. This state caused by mankind himself. Through I have kept the Lin Kuei from fighting, people want our fortress. Something we cannot give up.

This is our power. This is our stay. Once we lose our home, we lose our hope. And I cannot have that. Cannot give up what I've, no we have worked on for so many years. But, mankind is trying to steal this hope away from us.

We cannot them let succeed. I cannot let them succeed. These are my people, and I must protect them. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. To the smallest child to the eldest person. We cannot lose to the stupidity of mankind.