Chapter 3

Sub-Zero POV:

Heavy pants behind me alerted that there was something there. I was pressed against Scorpion's frozen self. It was keeping me cool, yet not cool enough. I was breaking a sweat, which wasn't good.

I sat up slowly and turned to look behind me. All I saw was blue before I was flung back roughly. Then was a large roar from the thing before me. Molchi. I quickly got back up, getting into my fighting stance. This wouldn't be a easy fight.

Still, I dove right in, landing a square punch to his jaw. The thing soon got behind me without me knowing and I was grabbed from behind. His claws dug harshly into my sides. I was pressed against a wall, then was spun over to see his face.

I quickly formed a blade and forced it inside of his right eye. Molchi howled in pain, dropping me to the ground. I moved as quickly as I could, getting behind him. I faced his back for as long as I could. There was another loud howl and he spun around, clawing frantically for me. His claws slashed my shoulder, causing me to cry out in pain.

Then Molchi howled again, I looked at him. There was a large, sharp blade inside his neck. Then it was forced up, staring to go through his nose. Hot blood splattered across my face. I continued to watch and soon the monster's head was sliced in two.

He began to fall over, towards the side. I back away from him, hoping not to get caught in any extra things. He slammed to the ground and dust flew up with him. I wiped the blood the best I could from my face, wiping away sweat too. "That damned thing needed to die." I heard an familiar voice barked.

I sighed, relaxing some at the voice. It was Scorpion. The man that vowed to never hurt me. Yet, he kidnaps me. I felt my body shudder. Then I remembered the heat. The heat around me. I became dizzy and lightheaded. "Kuai..." He said, walking up to me.

I shook my head, "It's the heat. That's the one thing you keep forgetting about." I sighed again. A pair of hands lifted me off the ground, my arm draped around a shoulder. "I'm sorry that keep forgetting. I'll get you to some water and you can freeze it." He responded. I nodded.

(Time skip):

The next thing I remember is pulling off my armor with some help and quickly forced inside a tub. The water was a little colder than room temperature. It felt amazing against my flesh.

"Kuai, could you freeze it so you could cool?" A familiar voice whispered. I nodded softly, lightly touching the water. Bits and pieces of it became ice. That was the best Icould've done at that given time. I closed my eyes soaking in the cold. Then, everything went black.