run support and fill in where needed (m)

Although the text he had received clearly stated that extraction was immediate, it didn't mean the mission started right away. No, if anything extraction meant from his apartment to the Triskelion. He arrived with Q by his side, following her to a briefing room. Clearly, she had more details than he did. As soon as they stepped into the Triskelion, he noticed her demeanor change. She straightened up, fixed her blazer and suddenly, he was Captain again. He understood that she wanted to be professional while in front of other SHIELD agents and analysts, so he made sure to address her as Agent whenever he needed to.

Being led to a conference room, he saw that Natasha was already waiting for them, along with a few other people he had yet to meet. Kristen, who had an eagerness about her and a bright smile to match, was from the Statistics section of SHIELD. She had run all the numbers, pulled all the spreadsheets - he couldn't help but compare her to Q, but where she was more about quality, Kristen was more about quantity.

Natasha wasn't the only one who would be going out into the field with him. There was also the STRIKE Team: SHIELD's Special Tactical Reserve for International Key Emergencies team. They were a group of men and women who were skilled in taking down threats that didn't need to be taken care of by the Avengers. Their leader was a man by the name of Rumlow, who was average height, but made up for his size in strengths and smarts. He seemed to know what he was doing and what he was talking about - it was clear to Steve that he was the one running the mission.

Honestly, it took a bit for Steve to figure out why he was a part of the operation and what he was supposed to be doing. At first he thought it was a training wheels mission, that he wasn't supposed to do anything except learn. That wouldn't be ideal, but he would understand why. So he paid attention to everything that was said, trying to get the gist of the mission. Thankfully, before everyone left, he was given a role: "Run support, fill in where you see fit." Rumlow told him. That much he could do.

Then, he was led down to where Dawson was - Natasha flanking him on one side, Q on the other. Dawson was ready for them with whatever they needed and then some. Where Q had become a little more professional and serious when it came an operation, Dawson seemed at ease and confident - like he was unbothered by what he was doing and, as always, almost bored by explaining his tech to them.

"Fitted your shield with an electronic camouflage mask so it won't stand out like a firework." he stated as he stepped up to Steve, flipping the shield over in his hands, "Press this button right here and it'll go back to normal Fourth of July colors." he pointed out, getting a nod from Steve before he handed it over. Steve slipped it over his wrist, seeing how it fit snug against the new bands. He had already changed into his uniform, wanting to be ready once the STRIKE team was.

"What are these?" Natasha asked from the other side of the lab. Dawson, along with Steve and Q, glanced over to her to see her holding up three coin shaped objects. Dawson let out a huff, annoyed that she was touching his things and stomped over to her.

Every time Steve was in Dawson's lab (twice) he tried not to compare and contrast him with Tony, but it was hard not to. Both were incredibly smart and technological geniuses, both were very confident in their work and could be a bit cocky at times, but Dawson didn't have that seed of bitterness that Tony did.

"Not yours." he mumbled, stepping over to her and snatching one out of her fingers, "They're small discs that can send an extremely high voltage shock straight through your body with a press of this button." he explained, eyebrows raising as he motioned to the button, "Aka they sting." Steve watched the interaction, amused by the fact that Dawson didn't care at all about who Natasha was or what she was capable of. Dawson treated her just as he treated Steve - as a regular, normal, annoying person.