II

***

At the Dragwizard campsite, the Dragwizards sat around a camp fire that crackled into the night sky

At the Dragwizard campsite, the Dragwizards sat around a camp fire that crackled into the night sky. While sitting on a log, Akari stared at her dragon arm.

"Alright, listen up." Luard said, standing up.

Akari perked her head up to look at Luard. Her wizard's hat fell to the floor.

"Those shitheads in the United Sanctuary are going to talk with Claret Sword. Basically, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. We're going to fight him ourselves. Requesting help from those guys was a waste of our time."

"But Luard, our army is... well, quite small in comparison to his." Katsumi said. "We'll have trouble fighting him."

"I don't give a damn. The sooner we can kill him while he's weaker, the more likely we'll win. Our army is more than enough. You and I will both full shift if necessary. Claret was beaten once, so we can beat him again!"

"We should enlist help, don't you think?"

"I already tried getting help. Those idiots don't want to give it. They want to talk to him. Have I emphasised that enough? They want to talk to the monster that will kill on a whim! If no one's going to help, let's just do it by ourselves!"

Katsumi thought about it.

"I guess your right. If we're going to fight Claret, we need to give it all we've got."

She looked at the rest of the Dragwizards.

"Yeah! Who's with me? Let's kill Claret Sword now!" Luard said.

Hands began raising one by one.

Akari raised her hand reluctantly.

"Finally, some people who have a sense of urgency."

"How are we going to go about it?" Akari asked.

"We'll have to find him and kill him." Luard said.

"And how are we gonna do that?"

Luard froze. He scratched his head and scrunched his face.

"So we haven't got a plan of attack yet, huh."

"I'll... think of something."

"No need. I got an idea."