Chapter 6: Xander

"Crap," Xander shouted over the sound of laser guns shooting back and forth. He had run out of bullets. Andrew was on the other side, shooting people. Xander turned to see Zaria only to realize that she wasn't there.

He turned back around and saw that she had made her way down the hallway within the two second gun reloading gap. She was punching and kicking people while chucking her daggers and slicing them to bits. Within seconds, the entire hallway was silent, all ten of the soldiers fallen dead at Zaria's feet. Xander and Andrew shared a look and followed her down the hallway.

After her father died before their eyes she became somewhat cold and distant. She became a killing machine. Xander couldn't blame her though. He knew that even though she was always distant from her father and that even though he never treated her right she still loved him. And now, he died right when he seemed ready to change things, to fix things. Still, Xander was worried for Zaria. She was usually cautious about who she would kill but now, she was killing back and forth, without giving it a second thought.

The waves of soldiers increased as they got closer to the main deck. Xander had managed to steal some ammunition off of a soldier who had the unfortunate opportunity of standing in Zaria's way.

Finally, they climbed the stairs and were right around the corner from the entrance of the main deck where the Prism Bearer was supposed to be. In front of the door were two guards in premium quality armor and carrying the deadliest guns in the galaxy. All they had to was lift it up and the three of them would be toast. Literally, toast.

Zaria took out another dagger and drew her hand back like she was about to throw it. Xander and Andrew's eyes met again and they understood each other perfectly. Andrew plucked the knife out of her hands while Xander grabbed her shoulders to prevent her from turning around and punching Andrew in the face. Her eyes bore into his, burning their way into his brain. Xander took a deep breath and prayed to all the gods he's ever heard of to make sure Zaria doesn't judo flip him.

"Zaria... Zari, you need to stop," Xander started.

"Stop what?"

"Killing."

"You never had any qualms about it before," she snapped back.

"That was when you were there to make sure that I didn't. That was when you balanced me out. I wasn't to worried about it because I trusted that you would tell me when I'm going too far and make sure that I wouldn't cross line. Now, I'm doing the same. Before we walk into that room, I want you to understand that you can't keep doing this. You can't cross that line. You can't lose yourself. That's when the Prism gets to you. That's when power corrupts you. It's when you loose the one thing that can fight back: your soul."

Zaria's glare seemed to have decreased in intensity as she looked thoughtfully at Xander.

"Stop it now," Xander continued. "Stop yourself from crossing that line now. Don't kill those guards."

Zaria rolled her eyes and said, "I wasn't gonna kill them. I can't. Every single instant-kill spot in their body is blocked by five inches of the strongest alloy existing."

"Oh... well... you still know what I mean."

"Yes, I do. And thank you for reminding me of that. But we've got a Prism Bearer to catch so if you could..." Zaria said and motioned him to move out of her way and Xander did so.

Andrew gave her dagger back as she took out another and ran into the hallway.

The guards lifted their guns, about to shoot, when Zaria threw her daggers straight into the barrels. The bullets were clogged and exploded inside the gun, metal shards flying everywhere.  Zaria hid behind another wall, shielding herself from the super heated shards, before running back into the hallway, Xander and Andrew following her.

Andrew and Zaria fought against the guards while Xander managed to steal one of their gloves. He put it on and picked up a long metal shard. He could feel it burning its way through to his hand. Immediately he turned and slammed into the helmet of a guard who was gaining on Andrew. The guard tried to get the piece of his helmet as Andrew kicked him into Zaria's guard. The two guards tumbled down the stairs.

Andrew dusted himself off and said, "Smart."

Xander took off the armored glove before saying, "I have my moments."

Xander caught Zaria smile a little before the three of them turned to the door.

"Ready?" Zaria asked as she took out another two daggers from her jacket. How many daggers does she have?

"Ready," Andrew replied and lifted up his gun. Xander nodded and did the same.

The three of them rushed forward and charged through the doors. In the room was the Prism on a tall table and behind it was the Prism Bearer. Their whole world shook as they looked at the man before them.

Zaria finally managed to say, "Dad?"