Performance Roles

The next morning, Tegan woke up to talking. "Annie! Wake up!" she heard Hayley call. She opened her eyes and looked around the room. A group of the people were up and dressed, and the rest were struggling to sit up. "Well I guess now we know who the morning people are." Kenzie said as she looked at Lauren, Ruby, Olivia, Jenna and Hayley. "I just don't understand how people don't like mornings." Lauren said as she shrugged. "Right? It's the start to a brand new day." Hayley agreed. Annie rolled her eyes. "What time is it?" Tegan asked. "8:15." Olivia replied. "What!?" Kenzie exclaimed. "That's only 15 minutes until breakfast!" She continued. "Then, let's get moving, ladies!" Hayley said.

"Guys, we have 5 minutes until breakfast." was the first thing Asher heard when he woke up, well, more like it woke him up. He sat up quickly, too quickly, and bumped his head on the overhang of the top bunk. "ooh. That sounded painful. You good bro?" Johnny asked, sounding genuinely concerned. Asher nodded. "Are you guys coming or what?" Justin asked from the doorway.  "Yeah, let's go." Johnny said as he stood up. "Are we ready to go?" Darius questioned as he walked out of the bathroom. "We all are, except for Asher and..." Johnny started. "Hayden!" Matt exclaimed. They looked over at Hayden still hiding under his covers. Johnny stood on the bunk below Hayden's. "Hayden! You have to wake up!" Hayden squirmed and then opened his eyes. "It's 8:27!" he told him. "I'm leaving." Matt said. Him and Justin walked out the door, followed by Darius. "You go ahead, I'll catch up." Hayden told Johnny sleepily. Johnny raised an eyebrow, glancing at Asher still getting ready. "You sure about that?" he asked. Hayden waved his hand. "Yeah, Yeah. I'll be fast."  he reassured him, thinking he was alone. "Okay..." Johnny went out to put on his shoes and then left. Hayden started to climb down the ladder to get to his clothes. As he turned around, he noticed Asher for the first time. He slowly took his clothes and headed for the bathroom. "Morning." Asher greeted. Hayden held his breath. "Uh... morning." he replied and then ran to get changed. That was weird. Sure, Hayden and Annie had made up, sort-of, but it was still awkward being alone with her current boyfriend, especially considering how much of jerk Asher probably thought he was. When Hayden came out, he was relieved to find that Asher had already left. He put on his shoes and ran to the dining hall.

After Breakfast, the director called them all to the amphitheater, to start their first rehearsal. "This play is about four best friends who decide to travel the world after they graduate high school. They plan to go to London, but their plane lays over in Texas, and their connection is cancelled. They are forced to spend the next 3 days there. With not much to do, they meet a bull-riding enthusiast, and somehow find themselves getting trapped in a dangerous bet that could end with them gaining tons of money to enjoy, or, more likely, losing all the money to get them home." she explained. "This play is called... "The Texas Trap" . "When will we know who's playing who?" Danielle asked. The director held up a sheet in her hands, and began to read off of it.
" Mackenzie Ziegler as Rowan
   Johnny Orlando as Landon
   Gracie Haschack as Peyton
    Matthew Morris as Grant
    Asher Angel as Dien
    Annie Leblanc as Britney
    Hayden Summerall as Brent
    Justin Bradford as Coach Der
    Darius Marcell as Stefan
    Tegan Marie, Lauren Orlando and
    Jayden Bartles as Stefan's gang
    Hayley Leblanc, Piper Rockelle,    
    Sophie Fergi, Danielle Cohn, Ruby
    Rose Turner, Olivia Haschack,
    Nadia Turner, Jenna Davis,
    Sierra Haschack, Devenity Perkins
    and Maddie Ziegler as backup
    dancers, vocalists, extras, stand ins
     Etc."
Everyone took a moment to
remember their roles. "These are the character's descriptions:
Rowan- Main Girl, dating Landon
Landon- Main Guy, dating Rowan
Peyton - 2nd main girl, Rowan's best friend, figuring out her feelings for Grant
Grant- 2nd main guy, Landon's best friend, confused about Peyton's feelings for him and kind of likes Peyton
Dien- boy they meet in Texas, has a thing for Britney, convinces them to support him in bull-riding contest
Britney- Girl who's father coaches Dien, despises Dien, is dating Brent, later comes to like Dien
Brent- Britney's boyfriend, is only dating her for show
Coach Der- Dien's coach/Britney's father, wants Britney to like Dien, hates Brent
Stefan- versing Dien in bull-riding contest, bullies Dien."
Kenzie and Johnny smiled at each other. Hayden and Annie avoided eye contact. Matt and Gracie gave each other an awkward smile. Danielle threw her arms in protest. "So I have to be a stupid extra!?" She exclaimed angrily. "Everyone is important to this show. You will singing and dancing with everyone, you might even have a few lines." The director said. "If she doesn't act so bratty." Hayley whispered to Piper. Piper held back a giggle. "I knew I shouldn't have come to this stupid camp without Mikey." She muttered under her breath. The director clapped her hands. "Okay! Let's start going over the first scene and the we'll learn the choreography for the opening number!" She said excitedly. Kenzie, Johnny, Matt and Gracie stepped up onto the stage.