Control

I was scared beyond belief.
My girlfriend is controlling such a hideous creature and I am lying here while this thing might be out to kill us.
"Are you home honey?" I hear my girlfriend say in a charming way, I was so hypnotized by her voice that I almost gave up my hiding spot.
I noticed something that was off, something poked out of her head but the mist was too thick to see it.
Karen signalized me to crawl away when my girlfriend would turn around the corner.
As soon as she really walked around the corner we bailed, we walked to the front door but it was locked.
The last option I could think about was the basement and even if this seems stupid I told Karen "Let's go to the basement, there is an emergency exit and we have to try." The only response I got was a silent nod.
We ran, we ran as fast as we could and after what felt like an eternity we finally reached the door.
Karen went in first and I got inside after her so I could lock the door with the key my girlfriend always kept on the first shelf in the basement.
I turn around and take a deep breath "that was terrifyingly close."
As soon as I said these words I heard a bang on the emergency exit door.
As dumb as it seems, I really opened the door and I saw my "girlfriend" standing there.
Her, what I only could imagine, face was teared open and some kind of black, tentacle-like thing was pulsating in- and outside her head.
It was utterly terrifying.