soulmates pt 2

Y/n woke in a strange location, what felt like silk seemed to pool around her body and caress her skin. Her head was pounding, as she pushed herself up, she squeezed her eyes closed, hissing in pain. Somewhere in her foggy mind, alarm bells began to ring. Where the hell was she?

The silk bedsheets she felt were back and seemed to shine and gleam in the light, glass windows allowed light to seep into the room. She groaned a little and curled back into the bed, flinching at the pain.

"You awake?" The one voice that she didn't want to hear in the morning rang through the room. Y/n frowned and opened an eye up at him.

"What're you doing here?" She groaned, trying to not eye him up before ultimately failing. He looked unfairly handsome in his Armani suit minus the blazer, sleeves rolled up to his forearms and a wooden tray with food on it in his hands. Lucifer leaned against the doorway, admiring how she looked in his bed.

Y/n saw how his eyes softened, could feel warmth spread in her chest as she realised that this man was supposed to be her soulmate.

"You're in my bed, after what happened last night I thought you deserved a lie in."

At his words, y/n's eyes widened and she lifted the covers to check if she were clothed or not. She was, still in her dress from the night before.

"What happened last n-" She hissed as her head seemed to split in pain, in her pain, she missed Lucifer rushing towards her, the sound of the tray being placed on the table beside her. The next thing she knew, he was crouching right beside her, face etched in concern, hand on the side of her face, asking if she was alright and telling her that it was going to be okay.

"I brought some painkillers for you incase you would be in pain just that you'll have to eat first before taking them." He murmured, placing a tender kiss on her forehead before helping her sit up.

The warm feeling had returned again, this time with vigour. Y/n wasn't used to this, growing up with a single parent meant that she was used to taking care of herself. She wasn't used to somebody treating her with such care and nurture.

I could get used to this. She thought to herself, suddenly too shy to look at her soulmate in the eyes as she began to eat a croissant. Was this what she had been missing out on in her hasty rejection of love? Maybe she had been wrong all this time, that soulmates existed for a reason. The thought made her eyes begin to mist up.

Y/n had treated him so badly, when all he had done was respect and want to get to know her. Wanted to care for her like soulmates were supposed to.

"Y/n?" Her name was pronounced softly, as if it would scare her. She couldn't look up, not when she felt so ashamed of herself. "Do you want me to stay or leave?"

Stay. Her heart seemed to cry out, y/n swallowed the bite of food in her mouth and slowly met his eyes.

"I don't think I have the right to make requests." She said softly. "But can you stay? Please?" Y/n watched has surprise filtered in his eyes before they softened a little and a slow smile begin to form on his mouth. He slid into the bed with her as she took the painkillers, arm wrapped around her as she leaned into his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.

Everything seemed to click into place as she lay there, she finally felt peace.

The way the sunlight cast on the silky bedsheets was the last thing she thought of, the pain faded and left her mind foggy. The next thing she knew, her eyes slid shut and she sank into oblivion.