Chapter 17

Dexter watched as Tara came downstairs in her night set and slippers. She had been acting distant towards him since the night before. He knew why because he walked out his room and seen her running into hers, so he knew Tara was listening at his door. He felt bad because he was indeed feeling Tara but her age was stopping him from getting closer to her.

   "I hope you don't mind I decided to put in Jason's Lyric" Dexter said as he watched Tara take a seat next to him. (If y'all haven't seen Jason's Lyric y'all need to roll over and play dead frfr! That's my favorite movie! Swea)

    "No I don't mind." Tara said as Dexter hit play. Tara sat Indian style on the couch as the movie began. She said not one word to Dexter or even looked his way and that wasn't sitting well with him.

   "I can't man. This shit is to awkward right now." Dexter grabbed the remote and hit pause.

"what's wrong?" Tara asked him nonchalantly.

"The tension between us."

"I don't feel anything."

"Tara I know you heard us last night and I just wanted to apologize."

   "Dexter this is your place I'm just a guess temporarily, what you do is your business. I only came to see if you had an extra blanket because I got cold ,but when I seen you had company I didn't bother. I can't stop you from doing anything ,You good." Tara said grabbing the popcorn and placing it into her mouth.

    The act that Tara had just put on was fabulous because Dexter bought it,but deep down inside Tara wanted to yell and tell him how much she liked him she wanted to tell him how he really made her feel,but she couldn't her pride wouldn't let her.

     "Oh okay, but I wont have company anymore out of respect for you." Dexter said as her words put a little dent in his heart because he was expecting her to tell him she wanted him but she wasn't feeling him well that's what he thought.

  "We good friend. Now hit play I'm ready to see my man naked in the Field." Tara said winking at him.

"You've seen this movie before?"

  "What!!! Yes! Uh duh this is my favorite movie! Wait let me guess you thought I would choose love & basketball?"

"Hell Yea!" Dexter said laughing.

  "Ewww I hate that movie. I mean its okay but too many people are bandwagon that movie. No... my favorite movies are Boy's in the Hood, Set It Off, Menace To Society, State Property, Friday, Belly, Juice, Poetic Justice and Jason's Lyric." (My favorite movie list foreal! And I actually do feel that way about Love&Basketball)

  "Damn girl what you know bout all that!" Dexter said looking surprised.

"I'm a thug at heart I grew up on that."

"We gone be good friends then!"

   "Good now move your arm so I can lay on your lap and hit play." Dexter smiled and did as he was told.

   Tara and Dexter both were enjoying the movie. Tara felt awkward as the romantic scene in the movie took place. She bit her lips as she watched the characters make love in the flower field. She figured Dexter knew the scene was taking  an affect on her because she felt his hands rubbing up her thigh. "You wish that was us?" Tara heard Dexter whisper into her ear. She shook her head as his hands found his way inside her panties. Tara was beyond soaked. Tara rotated her hips as he played with her pearl she was so close to releasing her liquids.