My Favourite Dream

My Favourite Dream (Fun and Fancy Free) (Karamatsu x Reader): One night, when both of you are awake and can't sleep, you chat with your boyfriend Karamatsu about what you often dream about at night...

You could not believe your luck. Karamatsu and you were finally sleeping alone, together! Well...not exactly all alone, for...well...Chibita was renting his humble home to the both of you for a time. That was right, Karamatsu had finally managed to get a job! It was a simple job, a job at Savers. Still, you were positive that he was going to convince more than his fair share of old ladies or passionate geeks to buy a cartful of thingamabobs. Indeed...this was...as Karamatsu could put it...YES PLANS!

Still...Chibita's snoring from his bed was starting to get on your nerves...A lot. Not that it was loud enough to make you want to get up and knock him unconscious, but it nonetheless was keeping you from relaxing enough to doze off in a flash.

Hmmm? A rustle?

"Karamatsu? You okay?"

"Huh? -Oh, totally fine, darling, I'm in the best shape, sunshine..."

You smirked, not buying it one bit, "Oh, yeah? Sunshine? Hmmm?", you gently pulled on his right shoulder...Making him turn around to face you. He seemed a little caught off-guard...And he was blushing. You contemplated a side of him that even his own brothers rarely saw...An unbearably cute side, for real and for sure. Heck, even his once-smooth voice was reduced to an hesitant near-whisper...

He curled up like a bashful little child, hiding his face into his pajama's collar.

"I mean it, I'm fine."

You rubbed his shoulder reassuringly, "Then, why were you moving?"

He was startled, again, "Well, hum...", he touched his index fingers together, as if caught up between "Cool Karamatsu" and "Shy Karamatsu" ...He blinked and cleared his throat, then placed his left hand under his head and the other lazily stretched out towards your right hand.

"I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. To think I will finally work at Savers!"

You chuckled, "You can't wait for it, can't you?"

"Oui, Oui, Oui, (Your Name.) ''

You smiled warmly and you both lied down, on your backs...

'' (Sighs) Well...Since we both can't sleep, maybe we should just chat.''

''Good idea...Like talking about our dreams...'', Karamatsu agreed...

You looked up, knowing what was coming. He would ask if he could sing you a lullaby...Not that you did not like it, quite the opposite...But...He was so kind...And his brothers never seemed to repay him for his kindness...Unless-

''Speaking of dreams...I do have one special kind of dream that lurks within my head...'', you turned your head back towards him...

"Really? What kind of dream, honey?''

"Well...In this most beautiful dream...'', you began, scooting closer and gently, ''Everyone is kind and caring...The flowers blooms with the loving touch of Summer Kamen...''

''And...There is a special someone that finally gets the lullaby he most perfectly, most transparently deserves...'', you offered him your warmest, sweetest smile, one hand tenderly stroking his arm...

Karamatsu looked like his heart had gotten stuck in his throat, lips trembling with eyes that looked both frozen in fear and ever so slightly filled with...love? Astonishment? Beguilement? It was rather hard to tell, exactly... Nevertheless, you had to let your sweet lullaby out...Just for him...

''Why...''

At last, you started to croon:

''In my favourite dream,

Everyone is so delightful...

No one's mean or spiteful...In my favourite dream...''

Karamatsu's shocked surprise slowly but surely faded away...He instinctively began to recoil his neck with shyness...Until his eyes commenced to follow your left hand slowly stroking its way up to his shoulder...Followed by your right hand rising up his own right arm in a slight fist.

''Yes, and in my favourite dream,

There, my heart can go romancing...

Dancing to a heavenly theme...''

By now, your hands were gently stroking the outside of his ears, in a manner similar to how he would usually stroke your hair when he sang you to sleep...He slightly closed his eyes, his lips trembling...

''But there's something else I look forward to,

It's a secret, but here's a clue...

He's my favourite you-know-who...''

Your hands were now on each side of his head, massaging it a little and looking into his watery eyes and wavering smile...Your own eyelids fell halfway with utmost adoration...

''You're the hero of...

My most favourite dream...''

And that was precisely when the waterworks went off...He daftly buried his face into your chest, a choking, staccato mess of futilely-held-back blubbering...

Your heart was pinched a little, wondering if your dear Karamatsu would be okay. You amorously wrapped him in your hand, rocking slightly to and fro, left and right...

All the while humming tenderly...

Meanwhile, Chibita had woken up grumbling when he had heard sobbing...Wait a minute...Did he also just hear humming?

But coming into the room, he did not have the to speak before you raised your finger in a ''Wait, now.'' Sign.

''Tonight, my little Kara needs a hug...

To get him through this crying fog...

Hmmm...''

Karamatsu took in a shaky breath, with a snort and blurted out ''T-thank you...S-so much...''

You just kept on humming lovingly...Until he began to snort and take in irregular breaths...

''Huh?'', both you and Chibita chimed and looked at Karamatsu...

Suddenly...

''Ah-ha-ah-AH-PRFCHOOO!'', a messy sneeze.

You and Chibita stared a each other...And immediately cracked up...Struggling to keep it in...Until you could only laugh out loud and lower your head while doing so...Even Karamatsu, after all that sobbing, ended up chuckling...

You wheezed a little and wiped some of his tears, ''...Oh, well, better out than in...''

"The hell, idjit, dammit! Karamatsu, you're either the most romantic NEET that ever lived, or you're the biggest crybaby I've ever seen! Hehehehe!''

''I know (sniff)... Sorry-''

''NAAW! I'm just kidding ya! T'was 'bout time you got some love back, ya idjit! Told ya (Your Name) was the right one for ya, dammit!'', he playfully smacked the back of Karamatsu's head...

(SMALL TIMESKIP)

Chibita had gone back to his bed and it was now really the two of you...You were brushing Karamatsu's dark hair back and smiling tenderly...And the latter was huddling closer...

''Thank you so very much, my angel...The student exceeds the master...''

''My silly little dork...''

THE END!