parties - ch. 1

It's a regular Thursday evening. The sun is setting, casting Nick Mara's room in an orange glow. He lays down on his bed, throwing a small random trinket up into the air and back down, catching it in his hand. Nick sighs loudly to himself. The list of assignments due is endless, so he thought he should get a head start. The ring of his phone startles him, making him miss the catch. The trinket lands on his nose.

"Shit." He whispers. Nick answers the phone while rubbing his nose. "Hello?"

"Dude, you have got to get over here man!" Edwin, Nick's best friend, yells. Nick, still rubbing his nose, rolls his eyes.

"Edwin where are you?" He asks annoyed.

"Zion decided to have a last minute party. He said his parents are gone for the whole weekend!"

"Edwin, you know I can't go-."

"But dude you're missing out-!" Edwin pulls the phone away from his face, but Nick can still hear, "MY TURN ON THE KEG NEXT!"

Nick groans in annoyance, almost hanging up,

"I'll make sure you won't touch anything dude." Edwin slurs his words.

"Forget it, don't call me again."

"There are so many babes." Edwin stretches out the 'so'.

"I thought you wanted Isabella?" Nick teases

"She's not here, neither is Ophelia so get your ass over here."

"Edwin," Nick says warily.

"I promise you won't touch a drink," Edwin says, voice turning stern.

"Fine." Nick hangs up. He grabs a dark jacket and slips out of his window. Nick grabs ahold of the nearby branch, climbs his way to the trunk of the tree and slides down. Balanced on the side of his house is his bike, he takes it and cycles to Zion's house.

~~~

Leiana is bored. Completely bored out of her mind. She takes a sip of her beer wishing for something stronger. Somehow she allowed Silvia to drag her to this party, even though she knew she was going to hate it. Another boy walks her way, fooled by her gentle appearance.

"Hey, baby-girl." This one smiles. Leiana mimics the smile and whispers,

"If you call me 'baby-girl' one more time, I'll kick you so hard that you won't be able to have any actual baby girls."

His face turns whiter than chalk only to quickly change to bright red.

"No one's gonna fuck you if you always bite their fucking heads off."

"Boohoo." She fakes a tear. He storms off and Leiana laughs to herself. Leiana 5, dickheads 0

"C' mon Lei, let the guys breathe a little," Brennon says from behind her.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Leiana turns around to face her close friend.

"What was that, like number three?"

"Actually number five." Leiana puffs out her chest, mockingly.

"Give the guys a chance, who knows, one of these boys could be 'the one'."

"Brenn, you know I don't believe in that shit." Leiana laughs.

"You never know." He shrugs his shoulders. Brennon looks into Leiana's cup. "Lemme go get you a refill."

"Can you get me something strong?" Leiana pouts.

"I'll try." He runs a hand through his hair.

"You're the best Brenn." She squeezes his arm.