Broken and bent

Aziraphale's POV

The first thing I remembered seeing was nails, like huge pin me to a cross, nails. That and a strange looking demon smiling in front of me. I swallowed and listened closely hoping to hear anything from anyone. Soon enough I heard Crowley yelling.

"Aziraphale! Aziraphale!" The demon put a finger to his lips and shook his head. I inhaled sharply and noticed that this time they had my hands tied in front of me on the chair arms.

"You learned." I hissed. As the words left my lips Beelzebub walked into the room.

"Taunting us already huh? Don't worry you won't be so happy in a moment." The demon walked behind me and I felt a tug on my wings, they must not have folded down when we first left the bookshop. I began to struggle to try to hit the demon off my wings but it was too late, I felt the first nail go in and a scream ripped from my throat, it was agony like no other, fragile bones began to snap and blood poured over the white feathers. My second wing flapped around uselessly as unwanted tears streamed down my face.

"Won't you look at that, no sharp tongue? Oh, and look over there your demon's trying to tell you something." I looked over at the darkened glass to see Crowley screaming and motioning at me. I couldn't find the strength to even give him a smile. I felt a tug at my other wing and only took a breath, that being the only thing I could do. The nail went in slowly this time cracking through the bone and slicing the skin at a painstaking pace. I screamed and before long I was hoarse I barely had any voice to scream with.

"You let him go!" I heard Crowley yell from behind the glass. He went to attack the demon standing next to him. Soon enough more demons filled the room they put Crowley in a chair forcing him to stop struggling.

"Please don't hurt him," I said weakly. I winced as a hand struck me across the face.

"Alright, you guys already have me for the love of Satan let him go," Crowley begged and pleaded with them.

"Crowley, Crowley, Crowley."

"That is my name." He snapped as he was hit across the face. I gasped and yelled at them.

"Do you honestly believe that you were the only one we were after? Your angel ruined our best foot soldier and we plan on correcting that. One bone at a time. As we kill your angel you watched then instantly after we quote en quote restart you." Hastur said from the other room and I let my head fall, vision sliding in and out.

"No, no, no you don't truly think I am going to let you out of the pain that easy right?" I screamed as a second bone was snapped inside my wing. A handful of feathers were pulled out and the demon placed them neatly in my lap. The now dyed red feathers laid limply on my lap staining my pants. Crowley yelled again. My eyes went out of focus before they were snapped back as I was hit in the face again by the demon.

"Angel!" Crowley's voice cracked and I looked up sadly.

"Hey dear." My voice sounded like sandpaper. My eyes welled up with tears again. Crowley looked so distraught as if everything had been ruined.

"It's okay I'll get you out of here. I promise." He looked me in the eyes before flinching as a hand cracked across his face. I sighed.

"I'm not in any rush. Everything fine." I tried to force a smile with no luck, especially when more bones were snapped and more feathers were ripped. I had no voice left to scream with a low groan was all I was able to make. I cried as my body began to feel as if it was exploding with pain.

"Zira let go," Crowley yelled from the other room. That's exactly what I did, I let the pain surround me until everything floated away and I lost consciousness.

T.S()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Crowley's POV

I watched as my angel slumped forward and Beelzebub sighed in diapointment. I watched as they hooked him up to an IV olny as I looked closer it seemed to be taking blood rather than helping him.

"Stop, please stop," I yelled at them.

"We've decided that it izzzzzzz taking too long for him to die, we are just speeding along the process, plus who knows when you need angel blood. " Beelzebub says with a smirk. "Don't worry we won't kill him now, that's too easy." I struggled against the restraints before coming across an idea.

"Please before you kill him at least let me say goodbye. Then... Then I will refine to your side." Beelzebub looked at me suspiciously. "Please." The demon lord sighed.

"When he wakes up." I was honestly surprised I expected a no almost immediately. It was as if they felt bad. I scoffed and nodded gratefully at them. Beelzebub sighed and walked out leaving me alone to look at my poor broken angel still working out the kinks in the plan. I let a single tear fall looking at the blood fill up the bag that they got from Satan knows where. My angel dying in a shit hole like this. In the next hour, I finalized everything and watched as Aziraphale began to come back. He was at least three shades lighter almost grey between having blood taken and losing it through his torn apart wings. Beelzebub walked back in and untied my hands I let them walk me into the other room. They let go and I rushed in and dropped in front of Zira.

"Oh, angel what have they done?" I reached up and touched his face he was cold as ice.

"Hello, foul fiend." He smiled numbly, his voice barely above a whisper. I stood and scanned the room seeing it was only Beelzebub. I ran through pushing Beelzebub out of the room which was surprisingly easy seeing as I was taller, I slammed the metal door and started the clock in my head. I rushed back to Zira. He looked at me confused barely enough energy for anything else.

"It's okay, I'm going to get us out." He grimaced. Taking his hand I said. "Hold your breath this is going to hurt." He clenched his jaw, and I circled behind him, I waited to untie his hands so he didn't hurt himself. I grabbed the large nail. I didn't give him a warning I just pulled. He spasmed and I threw the nail. Then pulled the other one. He sobbed. I took out the IV and untied his hands. I let him fall forward into my arms.

"I'm so sorry!" He shook and I almost didn't want to move him. Until I remembered where he was. "All right angel, I need you to trust me, I am going to try to miracle us out of here. It's going to be a bit bumpy." Aziraphale smiled a little despite the pain and for a moment it was like nothing mattered then he moved and the pain returned. The door banged open and I snapped, wrapping myself in front of my angel and we were gone.

We arrived in the bookshop immediately Zira dropped and I placed him on the bed. Putting up wards and traps around the shop, going as far as salt. Deciding that it was all I could do without kicking myself out I went back to my angel, he looked so small laying in the bed his broken wings hanging limply over the edge. I felt a sharp pang in my chest and I pulled him into my lap, crying over the bloodied mess of feathers and bone. He sighed shakily in his sleep and pulled himself slightly closer to me. Heat. He was freezing he was searching for heat. I grabbed blankets from the edge of the bed and covered his with them not caring if blood got on them. Tears began to form and fall faster than I could catch and soon I couldn't see. I only held him close hoping he would last the night.

Word count: 1392