Pretty Woman

John's POV

Last night I had a strange dream... Not that most dreams aren't strange, but I mean this was different.
I had a dream that the whole world was ending, and I had to apologize to everyone I teased, beat, mocked etc. before it all ended, or else every single thing that I did to them, they would do to me. But, more so.

And honestly, I've tormented more people than I can remember. So it was very difficult. So today, even though it was a dream, I tried to apologize to most of my victims. It was hard and some of them I really didn't want to apologize to. I decided I wouldn't go to them and apologize, if they came to me I would try, but you know me I'm not good at apologies.

Today when me and my mates went to Strawberry Fields and we were practicing under the tree we usually practice under. And there she was again, at first I thought I was imagining things. But no, she came to yell at us, and this time she actually did! I thought: well, I'm apologizing to everyone, and she'd probably like me more if I apologized. So I did. And weirdly enough, we stared into each other's eyes for I while and she started blushing. Then she left for 'homework' or so she said.

I couldn't practice anymore, I had to go home. Her eyes were so beautiful, dark, the kind you drown in. I couldn't stop thinking about her and that moment. I didn't sleep barely at all, thinking about how I hurt her little friend. I figured if I'm gonna get the girl, I need to also be friendly to the boy. I shuddered at the thought. He was so awkward and he's small and those eyebrows. I cringed.

Well, I'm going to have to get used to him. It would be worth it to get her. Oh stop it, John. You have to get her off your mind. But in fact, I couldn't. I had to find something to get my mind off of her. I decided to do some sketches, but every time I did it had something to do with her. I threw my notepad in anger. "Quiet, John!" My aunt Mimi yelled from downstairs.

I had to find her again. So I started taking walks near her school during break. After a couple of days I found her, with George. "Hello, doll-face." I greeted her. George ran away when he saw me. "Oh, no! Geo! Come back!" The girl said. She sighed in disappointment. "Hello." She said to me. "Listen, I know you have a band... And George is really good at guitar. Boy, you should see him play Raunchy, he's wonderful!" She said.

I thought for a moment and honestly I felt kind of jealous of George. He was always with that beautiful girl, and she seemed to always have time for him. "Maybe, just lemme think 'bout it a little more later." I replied. "What's your name anyway, dolly?" I asked her. "Jamie McCartney, But you can call me Pauline. Pauline is my middle name." She said. "John. John Lennon." I held out my hand for her to shake. "Nice to meet you, John." She said shaking my hand. Properly. I looked into her eyes and within seconds, I got lost in them.

George came back slowly. He hid behind Pauline. "What do you want?" He said. He got out his lunch-bag and pulled out a plastic spoon, he held it as if it were a sword. He stood in front of Pauline. "Don't do anything to her, you already hurt me." He said.

I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. "Oh, Geo! He apologized to me and you yesterday and he told the other guys to be nicer as well." Pauline informed him. "Hmm. Ok, ok. But remember," He mouthed 'I'm watching you.' "Well, me and Geo better head home, for homework." Pauline said.